Discuss Am I being harsh on this installation? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Recently carried out an EICR, at great difficulty I might add, which has flagged various issues other than the one I’m asking about.

I’ve given the ‘accessibility to consumer unit’ a C2, am I being too harsh?
Whilst not potentially dangerous, I couldn’t carry out full testing in its current state and found issues which will need rectifying in both DBs.

There is an empty cupboard above it which would be perfect to house them in.

For the eagle eyed, there are also 3 x isolators at the bottom which have also been installed poirly

Attachments

• 44E62319-8117-4D2B-927A-818422654AA4.jpeg
    394.6 KB · Views: 77
Probably not to harsh as there is little or no access to the meter and DNO service head as well and looking at the incoming DNO cable I'm wondering about the 951 clamp as it looks like a recent addition by someone other than the DNO
Have you actually managed to properly access the CU's for testing if not how do you check anything and it could be considered to be potentially dangerous

Makes you wonder how they installed that... I get that sometimes when like you pull a socket off and there is literally no slack to even move the socket and your like how did the last guy even screw the conductors on...

I think if you cant do the testing then a C2 is appropriate... Annoying as not really the home owners fault but the fault of previous electricians.

borderline C2 on my watch. difficult to assess a potential danger, but definitley a C3+. bugger.there isn't one.

the 16mm? earth should heve been connected to the MET, not the cable sheath. numpty fix.

I agree with you. Apart from not being able to work on it without french kissing it, the access to DNO and supplier equipment is awful too.
Btw I’d have thought the customer is eventually going to want that meter changed to one they can read without thinking.

Whoever fitted it must have thought the DNO braid wasn't adequate, the cable connected to it just goes up to the MET above, next to the braid.

View attachment 88377

View attachment 88379
I had noticed that but attaching 951's to the DNO's PILC can cause all sorts of problems, if there is a problem with the earth it's a lot safer to get the DNO to fix it
I feel photos don't do jobs like this justice.
Would that be for the prosecution or the defence?

Reply to Am I being harsh on this installation? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net