Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Am I being over picky or is this just rough? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Got a call from a mate today. All power out. Seems cutout fuse blown, they just had a new hot tub put in.
Opened meter box to find this. I think it's complete arse on many levels, but DNO chap came out and replaced fuse without any whinging. I was quite surprised, but I guess it's a Sunday!

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stupid photo won't load...anyone got a workaround yet?

Seem to remember allowed 3 meters to the over load device? Idea is for when coming from bus bars, but if the fuse/MCB is within 3 meters think it's allowed?

stevethesparks

-
Arms
Esteemed
An SWA with no gland, single insulated and unprotected conductors going straight to the block, doesn't look like the SWA is earthed? I assume the grey tails are feeding the original CU in the house. What is in the capping to the right?
In my opinion the SWA should be discon from the block asap.

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
An SWA with no gland, single insulated and unprotected conductors going straight to the block, doesn't look like the SWA is earthed? I assume the grey tails are feeding the original CU in the house. What is in the capping to the right?
Spot on,
looks like armour is not bonded.
Because the single insulated conductors are in an enclosure requiring a tool or key to open I think they are ok being single insulated.

I would prefer to see an isolator between Henley block and outgoing swa.
And a gland on the end would be a good start!

Also, that is brand new install. Dust from drilling still on ground where it fell.
Would love to see the certificate for that installation.;)

Last edited:

richy3333

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
DNO won't be bothered as after their equipment. The 3m referred to above is an ESQCR Reg re main tails. This is a 'sub-main' and IMHO should have suitable protection for the cable.

Also with the cut-out on its side the electricity is prone to leaking out :D

S

Silly Sausage

I think the amour is all GY taped up and connected to the head.
Still a s£!$ job though.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to Am I being over picky or is this just rough? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom