Discuss Am i quoting too cheap in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

axel132132

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,

I have done two jobs recently and both times they have both said WOW how cheap.. so im guessing im quoting too little - How much would you guys roughly charge for these two jobs (With the details given) both down in surrey

Job 1.

Install Alarm with 2 Sensors and a Door Sensor + bellbox + keypad - Involved taking up a few floorboards upstairs to wire for sensors, involved just taking cable up into loft up cupboards all way up and keypad is just other side of panel - Spur next to panel fed from sockets.

Install 3 outside lights with switch - wiring outside approx 5meters between lights and switch aswell like O ----5m---- O ----5m---- O ----5m----SW

Extend 2 x sky cables 50meters on outside of house, drill through to back of TV

Job 2.

Wire an external SHED

Mainsboard in house needs Crabtree RCBO, take 6mm 3-core armoured up through boxing (Drilled outside) and clipped outside along wooden fence wall, up back of shed and inside shed (Shed about 30cm from fence). To a 3 way consumer unit.. Out of consumer unit to 5 double sockets needing surface back boxes

Sockets length about 10 meters total cable length
Armoured length about 30 meters

Just a rough estimate plzz and ill tell you how much i quoted and did the jobs for i thought i made enough so was happy but just wondering if im way too cheap and can make a little extra cash.

A

axel132132

I quoted exactly what you said telectrix, £500 for job 1 and £400 for job 2 maybe im quoting ok then lol

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
that's not bad, then. but that's a lowish estimate. should maybe add a bit on top for unforseen snags. i generally use hybrid alarms. wireless detectors with just the bell and keypad hard wired.

Reply to Am i quoting too cheap in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.