Discuss Am I Right? L1 and L2 in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Centre tunnel is common. These are two way switches, so have two switched terminals, L1 and L2.
Live in to the centre terminal, and since they are push switches, you can use either L1 or L2 as your switched live, if you are using them as one way switches.

Nothing wrong with Screwfix… can get missing parts and indistinguishable wiring diagrams with expensive stuff from proper wholesalers as well.

The squiggly line with arrow going through it is the Common.

Appears to be for a minimum of 60VA. Bit high for a LED dimmer.
It does say check instructions for ratings but not possible if they don't come with instructions 😀

It is annoying when certain manufacturers print some specs and not others on their products or even nothing at all. I have seen many dimmer modules like this fried for this reason

Here are the full ratings for the BG DM400AP
  • Tungsten Lamps: 60-400W
  • Halogen Lamp Mains Voltage: 50-400W
  • Halogen Lamp Low Voltage: 35-350W
  • Dimmable LED: 5-50W

Reply to Am I Right? L1 and L2 in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I am trying to replace my old white light switches for nice chrome ones but the wires are all red but the new switch has only l1 l2 top and...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, sorry if posting in the wrong section. I am due to start 2391-52 course soon, and there seems to be from what I have found out, a 3 phase...
Replies
Views
I've got a customer with 2 way switches which I want to rectify it in such a way it would simultaneously control the single light fitting. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, hoping for some advice, I’ve recent resit my AM2s after failing on first attempt… I’ve passed all my resit apart from section C just on...
Replies
Views
I am replacing a 3 gang switch with a modern one. All the wires going into the switch are the same colour. I have labelled which port each wire...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock