Discuss Am2 Help Please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi, was wondering if anyone could help me please.

just re sat my am2 testing exam but failed because i didn't verify my results correctly to the book and table when they ask on the question sheet through out the exam.
i am hoping someone who has done it recently could point me in the right direction please. or may even remember the questions, i'm just trying to find the correct book, table page, number etc please.

From what i can remember the questions were something a long the lines of;

verify the zs value for the lighting is okay and which book and table you found them in ( i chose the on site guide pg 131)

something about minimun or maximum values of insulation resistance ( i said GN3)

One on disconnection times for certain circuits, (couldn't find the table)

Another was if the breaker would trip within the measured PFC i believe, ( this one threw me) this was a tick box question.

and one on the ring i think to do with zs values again and a calculation, may have been for R1+R2.

sorry it is long and confusing just trying to get any help i can before my re sit on Monday 30th.
Cheers guys, Zack

From what i can remember the questions were something a long the lines of;

verify the zs value for the lighting is okay and which book and table you found them in ( i chose the on site guide pg 131)
Did the question mention anything about ambient temperature?
If so did you apply the correction factor in Table B8 page 132 OSG?

Ie B6 amp mcb at 25 degrees Celsius would be:
5.87 (Ohms) x 1.06 (25 degC correction factor) = 6.22 Ohms
So calculated Lighting Zs needs to be a maximum of 6.22 Ohms or less

something about minimun or maximum values of insulation resistance ( i said GN3)
Table 10.3.3 page 108 OSG
For AM2 exam Minimum 1M Ohm - No Selv or Pelv

One on disconnection times for certain circuits, (couldn't find the table)
Page 59 in the BS7671:2018 Table 41.1
Page 370 in the BS7671:2018

Another was if the breaker would trip within the measured PFC i believe, ( this one threw me) this was a tick box question.
Page 370 in the BS7671:2018

and one on the ring i think to do with zs values again and a calculation, may have been for R1+R2.
Zs on the ring you measure the rest you calculate
Zs = Ze + (R1+R2)
C32 RCBO Zs 0.55 Ohms Table B6 Page 131 OSG

Hi, thanks for the reply and thank you for the information! One question came back to me, and it was to do when I recorded the highest x5 of the RCD test I think they were asking me to verify or check it to a table, not 100% sure. Would you know what table you is on please?

Reply to Am2 Help Please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock