Discuss Am2 pfc in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Pickers

Im confused about doing the PFC test in the AM2, i no you have to test N-L1-E, N-L2-E, N-L3-E but im not too sure whether i have to test been phases i.e.
N-L1-L2 or E-L1-L2 any help on how to properly test PFC in the AM2 exam would be great help thanks!!!

You cannot test between phases unless your tester is capable of doing so! Disconnect the main earth get ur ze reading and pefc then reconnect your earth then get your ppfc which ever is highest you double for your pfc. Hope that helps. Have you done the composite install?

could You help me with how to set the motor overload. and what to do with the fp200 in relation to the trunking?

You cannot test between phases unless your tester is capable of doing so! Disconnect the main earth get ur ze reading and pefc then reconnect your earth then get your ppfc which ever is highest you double for your pfc. Hope that helps. Have you done the composite install?

could You help me with how to set the motor overload. and what to do with the fp200 in relation to the trunking?

Somebody help the man, my answers are rubbish.

hi yes iv done all the am2 and passed except for the testing and inspection where i failed the PFC hense the confusion on how to actually do it lol.

with the install for the fp200 you run it through the power section of the trunking (middle section)

for the motor overload setting it is the watts (on the motor) divided by 692.8

well the correct formula is watts divided by voltage x square root of 3 but the voltage x square root of 3 = 692.8

with regards to testing your pfc is it simply N-L1-E, N-L2-E, N-L3-E

Reply to Am2 pfc in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net