Discuss AM2 terror, can anyone help? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

brucey2343

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Hey guys
I'm booked for my AM2 in February. I'm a domestic apprentice. Ive heard you have to do three phase and heating. I have no idea about these. Could anyone who has recently done the test talk me through exactly what's required so I can do the relevant research and practice?

Cheers!

Hi Brucey...

You have to do two 3 phase circuits... XLPE SWA from DB to isolator, then singles from isolator to socket. This is TP+N. The other is singles in trunking/conduit to DOL starter, then SY cable from DOL to motor. Get yourself some SY cable and a couple of CXT glands to practice. It's easy enough, but pain if you've not done it before.

The heating... don't panic. It's mainly connecting it up as per a clear wiring diagram. There are some singles you need to run (to room stat, programmer and from DB -> SFCU -> wiring centre and from solar controller to circulator).

My advice... the candidate guide has 9 steps for the composite install... do them in order, as per the guide except the data, which I did before the heating.

Think ahead slightly... for most of the tray work, there is only one cable on the tray, but for one section (mine had bonding and SY on), think ahead so you don't end up with crossed cables.

Hope that helps :)

Also... don't panic :)

And go sign up for the trainee forum here:-

Apply to Gain Access to Trainee-Only Forum - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/forums/apply-to-gain-access-to-trainee-only-forum.60/

Copy and paste this bit below and fill in the blanks :)

Your Details
Your Full Name:

Training Details
Training Providers Name:
Training Providers Address:

Course Details
Course(s) you are taking with the Provider:
Date the Courses/Training Started:
Date the Courses/Training Should Be Completed:
Qualification(s) Gained Once Completed:

Reply to AM2 terror, can anyone help? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net