Discuss Am2 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I was speaking to some one on site the other day. He said theres different versions of the AM2 so you can't find out what you will be doing untill you actually turn up. How true is this? Its the first time i've heard it being like that.

I have mine booked for mid october.

The AM2 has recently been updated with some existing elements being removed and some new elements being brought in.

There is only one composite installation and everyone does it the same, no different versions at all.

I think i'll be ok. It seems most people fail on the testing and fault finding, I have no troubles with that, I very often go out alone finding faults and doing perodics for my company. Its one aspect of my job i really enjoy. They give you an diagrame for the heating so no issue there. most things are wired in singles, so no issue there again. Health and saftey no problem. I've never touched data cabling and havent done much SWA work and a few poor terminations of swa cables at my previous company i was never shown how to do that correctly.

I've found an guide with all the details and how to wire everything and which breakers to use ect.. But i was told theres 3 versions of the AM2 and you could get any one of the 3 on the day. Reading through the document i dont think i'll have any real issues. Plenty of time to get practice on SY and data cabling. PLuss im doing an revision day Hopfull ill sale by.

Reply to Am2 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock