Discuss Am2 :/ in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

Edwardioo

I'm pooing my self as i have lighting circuit, heating system, and data points to do within 2 hrs tomoz :/ nt sure if this is possible but ill try my best, i've left these last, because i'm unsure of them :/ need some advice ive added a pic of how i think i shud wire the lights but im not sure where to put my 3core in etc.. any advice? Am2 :/ Untitled - EletriciansForums.net

I take it that's two way switching with intermediate. So three core between first two-way and intermediate and between intermediate and second two-way (assuming that's how you've been taught to do it). Then just take the two core switch feed to the light from either of the two two-ways.

I take it that's two way switching with intermediate. So three core between first two-way and intermediate and between intermediate and second two-way (assuming that's how you've been taught to do it). Then just take the two core switch feed to the light from either of the two two-ways.

That sounds a plan, but im stuck because ill be using a twin & e to the 1st switch, i will need to carry the neutral from the db all the way to the light, which cable do i use for the neutral 3 core with the grey or what hmmm :/

Here is a rough drawing ive mocked up on paint, quite simples
View attachment 8242

i've been taught different to that, think i have to feed 1st switch 1st, then some how tke a neautral to the light from the neutral in the board, then from the 1st switch to the intermediate in 3 core then from the intermediate the the last 1g 2w in 3 core again.

i've been taught different to that, think i have to feed 1st switch 1st, then some how tke a neautral to the light from the neutral in the board, then from the 1st switch to the intermediate in 3 core then from the intermediate the the last 1g 2w in 3 core again.

i think i cud use the grey as a neutral, please correct me if im wrong?

I think you want something like this:

Am2 :/ 3 way switch wirin - EletriciansForums.net
I have used grey as neutral because I think it is advised as a neutral colour to avoid confusing it with black (but I always use black as neutral, sleeved blue)

I can't remember how I did my lighting circuit now. I know it was a really odd way/over use of cable but thats what it said.

Your data is easy, gun each point the same and according to the colour code on the fixing. you want B not A

Heating system is so easy as long as you can read a wiring diagram. It's very clear, just remember to mark cables when you pull X cables in so you dont cross wire them. Terminals on the diagram wernt in the same order on the fixings for some of them for me so watch out for that. it's all marked up.

Make sure the DOL thermal overload setting is not on 0

easy peasy lemon squeezy, you still think il be saying it at end of year when time comes,

Reply to Am2 :/ in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock