Discuss Amending a few PIR code 2's. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

byrnie_2004

Hi all,

I've been asked to correct a few of the issues brought up by a recent PIR (the original contractor now has too much work on).

The building is fairly modern and the electrics not too old, the question I need to ask is:

One of the Code 2's that was brought up is - 3 gang switch fed by 3 separate circuits, can I pass this if i label the switch with a "multiple circuits" label or something of the sort?

(note 3 phase supply to the building & may have to label 415v if separate phases also.)

Cheers,

Dan.:mickey:

I would not code that a 2...if there is only 230v at the switch no code at all....if there is 400v a label should be provided,preferably at the switch but if this is not practical,at the CU.
That said the PIR is in place and you should rectify the defects listed....I would label at the CU something like you have suggested....include a 400v warning either at the switch or in your CU label if 400v is present at the switch.

Got to be honest I circuit label all switches/sockets i alter or install on any com/ind jobs, just looks better and yes and a 400v if req.
It only costs a dymo label and its done. on a large install it makes sence for anyone later to identify and sets you above the avarage spark who don't know better.

Cheers guys, I thought so. What would you code - "No RCD protection to socket circuits?
Bearing in mind its just a PIR no extra works are being done would that not be a code 4? - Doesn't comply to current regs
Its been brought up as a code 2, I'm not too sure (its a commercial property) offices etc.

I would not code that a 2...if there is only 230v at the switch no code at all....if there is 400v a label should be provided,preferably at the switch but if this is not practical,at the CU.
That said the PIR is in place and you should rectify the defects listed....I would label at the CU something like you have suggested....include a 400v warning either at the switch or in your CU label if 400v is present at the switch.

I think you would need a 400V warning notice at the switch and any other enclosure where a voltage exceeding 230V is present and would not normally be expected

Cheers guys, I thought so. What would you code - "No RCD protection to socket circuits?
Bearing in mind its just a PIR no extra works are being done would that not be a code 4? - Doesn't comply to current regs
Its been brought up as a code 2, I'm not too sure (its a commercial property) offices etc.
No code at all, unless any of the socket-outlets are used to supply mobile equipment outdoors.
If that is the case, then I would expect the observation to state such.

Reply to Amending a few PIR code 2's. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net