Discuss Amendment 3 is getting closer- find out about Risk Assessment changes in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

AmtechGroup

The BS 7671:2008 Amendment 3 changes are coming ever closer. We are producing a range of white papers highlighting the main changes affecting electrical contractors and designers. Our latest concentrates on Risk Assessments for the Omission of RCDs for Socket outlets.

Amendment 3 proposes changes to the regulations governing the additional protection by means of an RCD for socket outlets whose ratings do not exceed 20A. Under the proposed changes, if the designer decides that RCD protection is not required, he then must provide and document his reasons for their omission. This should be provided in the form of a Risk Assessment and appended to the appropriate Electrical Installation Certificate.

You can download our free white paper for full information and sample Risk Assessment forms.
Download here - Risk Assessments for the Omission of RCDs for Socket Outlets :: Amtech Group

All positive feedback about the amendment then..... :)

Im curious..... Besides being ripped off because we now have to buy another book (well work does) what do people have against the change?
Anyone think its a good thing... (people who are financially motivated by the change may not reply to this)?

As far as I can tell the changes are so small they are hardly necessary.

Maybe the IET should spend the money on sending people out to the coal face to catch all the trade bodgers ignoring ALL the BS regs and building regs!

Take the production of BS7671 out of the hands of the ITE altogether and pass it over to CIBSE. Let the ITE concentrate on the power and it's associated industries, where they have always been far more at home, than the building services side of things!!

just typical scouse/geordie banter. them geordies just can't come to terms with not being able to climb hadrians wall, so they nicked all thew stones instead.

just typical scouse/geordie banter. them geordies just can't come to terms with not being able to climb hadrians wall, so they nicked all thew stones instead.

I aint getting into some ethnic war on these fair shores enough of them shenanigans going on overseas, we'll be having passport control next

Getting serious for a minute, if I'm reading that document correctly, and knowing me there may be something I'm missing, it sounds to me as if they are saying a 32 Amp RFC should be RCD protected, yet if you put a 20Amp radial with socket outlets on it and you don't want to fit an RCD you need a RA am I right? or have I drunk to much of the red stuff and gone brain dead, serious answer please Tel

Waddya mean "Geordie git must cement mantle fell in mersey" ???? :whatchutalkingabout:confused:

bloody google translate. original said " geordie git needs a cement overcoa t& dropping into the mersey. goddamn germans. no sense of humour. :54:

Reply to Amendment 3 is getting closer- find out about Risk Assessment changes in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net