Discuss American conduit in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Whenever I’m on Instagram, I always see posts from sparks in the good old US of A, and whenever you see a conduit system install, there are always loads of individual conduits running alongside each other....do they not use trunking over the pond? Don’t get me wrong, it looks super impressive and the skill to do an install that neat must be huge.
Also, they always use benders that look like a shaft with a half moon at the end.....is their conduit more malleable than our galvy??

They use something called EMT , which comes in a couple sizes and is thin walled so can be bent like a plumber bends copper pipes with a hand bender.
They dint need to thread it either they just use a coupling with a little grub screw.
I am unsure as to why they fit say 20 individual conduits instead of one big trunking.

Whenever I’m on Instagram, I always see posts from sparks in the good old US of A, and whenever you see a conduit system install, there are always loads of individual conduits running alongside each other....do they not use trunking over the pond? Don’t get me wrong, it looks super impressive and the skill to do an install that neat must be huge.
Also, they always use benders that look like a shaft with a half moon at the end.....is their conduit more malleable than our galvy??
Carlos the reason you see multiple conduits and different sizes is because you have to keep your main power, low voltage, analog , and digital separate

Carlos the reason you see multiple conduits and different sizes is because you have to keep your main power, low voltage, analog , and digital separate
we do the same here ( as in separation). generally we use 3 compartment trunking.

He's referring to the way you appear to run many conduits for multiple power circuits along the same routes whereas we would run a single large trunking with conduit tapped off from it where necessary.

Reply to American conduit in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net