I thought that some of you would find this amusing:
Switch box shocks badly. - Straight Dope Message Board - https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=856313I'm remodelling my basement and replacing my electrical boxes and moving them out 1/2 inch for drywall.
The box that contains the main switch for the basement and the staircase gave us big shocks. I investigated and found a loose ground wire. When I reconnected the ground, the shocks stopped.
I still think that there is something wrong. I don't think there should be shocks even without a ground.
I have checked all the outlets connected to that circuit and I don't see any loose wires.
What could be wrong?