• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss American switches in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparky kai

This is just a curiosity thing but iv just come back from a roadtrip across america starting in ohio cedar point going through to tennesse and then ending up in miami and one of the things that i noticed that no matter where we went everybody seemed to have exactly the same lightswitch design - big, white, plastic. As if everybody only bought MK or something

Sad thing to notice i admit but i cant help it im a sparks. So is there only one type of general fixings in the states or was it just coincidence?

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
D

DurhamSparky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
normally commmon dog out there!

P

pennywise

Its the same as in Hong Kong I only ever saw Clipsal stuff, probably because its cheap and you know what they are like for saving money :D

B

boogaloo

They are all made in France. Since I haven't been to France in a while I am wondering if they are the same as the type used there. They have an earth terminal on them too, usually one where you wrap the wire around the screw.
A pretty good way to see if someone is actually a real electrician is to watch how they wrap the wire around the screw.

Reply to American switches in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom