Discuss Amp regulator? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gedis

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

Im looking for device which can regulate amp output. I have googled, but can not find one. Is it exist? Is it posible to exist? lol... I have battery bank 12v 260a and my inverter overdrags energy. Its 1kw inverter, but it goes up to 3kw and gets hot. So im looking to get 12v amp reducer or samthing?! Can anyone help on this please. Thanks

In a word, no. You cannot regulate or limit the DC supply current as any limiting will reduce the voltage and the inverter will cycle on and off or malfunction. All you could do is monitor the current, and switch the inverter off completely if the current is too high.

As per Wilko, you need to tackle this by controlling the AC load on the inverter, not the DC input to it.

Hi,you can get load shedding equipment,and priority switching modules,but these are expensive,and some require programming and other input data.....basically,too much trouble and expense,when a simple reallocation of loads,would solve it.

If it is 1kW and you are drawing 3kW,then it would seem a simple case of overloading.

Generally,a fuse or cut-out would activate,to save itself - just getting hotter,is going to be the death of it.

Reply to Amp regulator? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

For power outages, my solar inverter (+battery) is able to take on the entire house load - as long as I unplug my collection of vintage kettles...
Replies
Views
I am a retired Electrician and started looking at Solar Power, (Black Magic to me), after much reading of "How To", I decided to build myself a...
Replies
Views
Hi - On our small vessel we have a 12v failry powerful motor to run the autopilot, where the power is supplied by the boat's battery bank. On an...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm currently working on a project to upgrade an existing renewable energy system and could really use some expert advice. The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, this is my first time using a forum so please don’t criticise to much. I recently done by EESS course but I didn’t actually find it...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock