Discuss AMTECH SOFTWARE - DATES in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an odd question to ask.
I don't want to do it, I'm just trying to find out if it has been done...
Can an Electrical Installation Condition Report be back dated with the Amtech software?
Thanks....

Hi,
I have an odd question to ask.
I don't want to do it, I'm just trying to find out if it has been done...
Can an Electrical Installation Condition Report be back dated with the Amtech software?
Thanks....
I would have thought so.
Though it may entail changing the date on your computer and disconnecting it from the internet.

Thanks...
Doesn't this mean though, that any inspections supposedly carried out and accepted by councils etc as evidence of elec safety are a bit dodgy?

... not sure how much I can say, but someone is saying they had an inspection done a couple of years ago. We know they didn't, but now they have produced this Amtech report thingy. I just wondered if it was possible to falsify the report.

Nothing is impossible, does it have a company name to it.

If it is a Report from a couple of years ago the format is slightly different to what we currently use but that is not to say the Report you have has not been falsified. Would be interesting to view it if you can post some pics without showing personal or company details.

Thanks...
Doesn't this mean though, that any inspections supposedly carried out and accepted by councils etc as evidence of elec safety are a bit dodgy?
Not really, because a report (whether false or not) conducted a few years ago, does not reflect the current state of the installation.
What is dodgy, is that Councils will accept visual inspections over Inspections conducted in accordance with BS7671.

No can't view it but the one you PM'd me definitely shows the format which would have been in use two years ago.

Regulations changed Jan 2019 but the dates on your Report tallies for two years ago.

...also,
Let's say I bought a property, and had some accomodations on it that needed to be checked as I was going to use them as Holiday Lets. I call an electrician who is NICIEC registered and ask him to check them for me...
Why would he give me these papers, the Amtech ones, would he not have to register anything with NICEIC?
Sorry, if I'm sounding dense...

The person who does the alterations should provide you with the necessary paperwork. Nothing has to be registered with the NICEIC and the person doing the work does not necessarily need to be a member of this trade body.

ok... thank you...
Sorry... wrote this one cos the other message didn't show up and I thought I'd forgotten to press go! :D

So, there is absolutely no way to prove that this is fake then... Crikey, the elec regulations and things are awfully loose aren't they... considering how dangerous these things can be you'd think there would be a way of insisting on at least a qualified person doing to work...

Thank you for you time WestWard10... much appreciated...

Reply to AMTECH SOFTWARE - DATES in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock