Discuss AMTECH SOFTWARE - DATES in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Thanks... yes, would appreciate any thoughts on the topic...
We know that this paper work didn't exist until a couple of weeks ago, but if it can't be proved there's nothing we can do... hey ho..

Putting it another way - did That Electrician carry out That Inspection on That Date? I'd ask the person. Assuming they did, where was the report all this time? In a contractual matter I was once had over by the other side hiding an important document in room full of dross paperwork. I have learnt.

I don't think I can tell the story in an open forum, but the electrician has done work there, but I'm 99% certain he did not do this inspection in 2017, or ever... but he has supplied the paperwork now. I can't ask him cos he's obviously 'on the other side'... I was surprised as he seemed like a decent chap, but I guess, if it can't be proven, and he was 'paid well'... he had nothing to lose...

You could always ask for further information - where has the report been, what does this xyz mean, and ask them for a discussion. One thing for a report to be Frankensteined up and another to use it to commit fraud.

You can put whatever date you want on the cert when it is is draft form,it is only when you make it a master copy you can't change any details
Ie I Can do a cert today and back date it to what ever date you want , you just have to chose the previous version of the cert

''You can put whatever date you want on the cert when it is is draft form,it is only when you make it a master copy you can't change any details
Ie I Can do a cert today and back date it to what ever date you want , you just have to chose the previous version of the cert[/QUOTE]

Soooo.... if you are making a fresh cert today, can you put any date on it?

The document I have does say Master... it has a number in the top right corner DKE 000000xxx - Master...

This had to of been created on the date it said then?

.... the thing (among many things... :) )I don't understand though... if NICEIC have their own documentation... why would an electrician who is registered with them, use this instead? What's the point? Or am I missing something?

It is cheaper to use Amtech than use the NICEIC paperwork. We belong to two trade bodies but do not use their paperwork.

.... the thing (among many things... :) )I don't understand though... if NICEIC have their own documentation... why would an electrician who is registered with them, use this instead? What's the point? Or am I missing something?
Most certificates are now printed on plain paper from within the software
You select the version of cert you want, and it will apply the logo of the relevant body

I have records on my Computer, of Inspections I have conducted going back to 2005.
If any of my clients since 2005 have lost their copies, I could easily furnish them with another copy.
From what I understand, I’m expected to keep records and to be able to furnish copies for 10 years.

The person who does the alterations should provide you with the necessary paperwork. Nothing has to be registered with the NICEIC and the person doing the work does not necessarily need to be a member of this trade body.
I think the O.P is referring to an EICR no mention of work or alterations I don't think.
I have Amtech and you can insert any date. Without seeing the report it is hard to confirm to you as there is a version number on the bottom.

You don't have to use schemes certificates but they prefer you to.

I think the O.P is referring to an EICR'

Yep... the guy has done work there, but this is an Electrical Installation Condition Report for Domestic and Similar Premises with up to 100 A Supply.

'I have Amtech and you can insert any date. '
Interesting....

'Without seeing the report it is hard to confirm to you as there is a version number on the bottom.'

...at the bottom, i the right hand corner of each page..
copyright @ Amtech Group Ltd 2013. FastTest EICR v2015.0.1.1

Any help?

You don't have to use schemes certificates but they prefer you to.

Reply to AMTECH SOFTWARE - DATES in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock