Discuss Amtech Users, Shortcuts? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all

Been testing years but new to Amtech, company uses amtech for reports but training at HQ was pretty basic even got told "dont need shortcuts, just use the mouse".. Cant contact support personally as would need product logins etc which i dont have, my work laptop has a fairly "locked down" version where most the menu items are greyed out for us engineers.

So just wondered you amtech people could enlighten me on any keyboard shortcuts to speed things up please? Like quick-save? Tried ctr-s like most software but doesnt seem to save it, must be some shortcuts built in surely?

Thanks all

When you choose items from the menu bar the drop down list should have keyboard shortcuts in brackets to the right. For the Amtech prodesign the usual windows shortcuts should work, such as Ctrl+S. See if these are available on your version.
An alternative is to do Alt..F...S. Alt activates the menu bar, f selects the file menu, s selects save. The underlined letter in the drop down list is the "active" one so for Save As.. A is the activation letter.

Pressing F5 will fill down all your columns in your details page e.g 0.4 disconnections times, breaker types, ratings, cable sizes. It will not work in test results page. Very handy.

Ctrl + A, Ctrl + C, Ctrl + P will be your life savers. Been using amtech for about 5-6 years buddy and they are vital.

You should change your profile of your database to Administrator level. By the sounds of it I would say you are registered as a data input engineer only?

If your software is legit, you should be able to access Amtech technical by using your license number? you can find this by going to Help then going to About.

Make sure you are running Patch 4 as well.

Hi all

Been testing years but new to Amtech, company uses amtech for reports but training at HQ was pretty basic even got told "dont need shortcuts, just use the mouse".. Cant contact support personally as would need product logins etc which i dont have, my work laptop has a fairly "locked down" version where most the menu items are greyed out for us engineers.

So just wondered you amtech people could enlighten me on any keyboard shortcuts to speed things up please? Like quick-save? Tried ctr-s like most software but doesnt seem to save it, must be some shortcuts built in surely?

Thanks all

Hi,
A few tips n' tricks.
On circuit details tab hitting F5 will flood fill all empty cells bellow.
Once a circuit has been completed select the "Set Default Circuit" button at the top and then click "Apply Default Circuit" in a spare way to paste it all in.
Add circuit designation to the dropdown list with a right click
use the fill all blanks button at the top of the test results page to enter all your N/A's

Oh, and you can set certs to auto save progress in > Settings > Certificate Settings > Auto Save.

if you want specifics just ask.

Reply to Amtech Users, Shortcuts? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock