CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss an on going arguement in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pfc0397

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

i have an on going arguement at the moment and i don't know who to listen to,

before you make an addition to a circuit does it need testing? is it just the circuit or the whole installtion that needs testing?

Aico 3000 Range
G

GAZHUDDS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If your doing an addition to the circuit i.e extra sockets on the ring or any works that does'nt involve a new circuit back to the board then you are supposed to fill out a minor works form. This would require a r1+r2, Zs and insulation resistance for the circuit you are working on only. Plus RCD operating times its a circuit that requires one.

W

wayne

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
BEFORE you add on ,in a perfect world, you would need the previous results otherwise how would you know if you're going over the max zs,or the ir is satifactory?if you add on without this info and theres a problem how do you know where the fault lies? as your the last to touch it, its yours to put right
of course if you're confident of the existing circuit ....go ahead

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to an on going arguement in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom