Discuss Android Auto Installation - Reversing camera in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, not normally my area but have just installed an Android 7" double din head unit in my L200 to replace the stock 2014 era Kenwood/garmin unit. The new unit is an amazon Chinese beastie that only cost slightly more than a gamin map update so thought i'd give it a go :) what could possibly go wrong...?

I purchased a Mitsi harness adaptor but didn't end up using it as i found it was pretty much plug and play.

Most of it's working fine but the handbrake light is now permanently on and the reversing camera doesn't work as it should, ie when the vehicle goes into reverse.

The camera connector comes with a video RCA (yellow socket with a + & - leads to the connector and two other connectors which i think is the signal from the reverse light and a ground.

I think these two problems might be linked but not sure, Can anyone advise please?

Many Thanks.

Attachments

• 20191104_150444.png
    889.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20191106_112234.png
    1,004.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20191106-085612_Gallery.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 6
fitted similar the other week. needed a relay between the reverse light and the camera. i.e. the reverse feed energises the relay rather than carrying the camera load. something to do with canbus.

Reply to Android Auto Installation - Reversing camera in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net