Discuss Another heating one... in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just about to have my y-plan system at home changed for combi....

Going to be running 2 heating zones off this.

Rather than spend out and buy 2 x new 2port valves, could I use the existing 3port valve (which was only replaced last year.)

Tell me if I'm being dense or is there a way, just looking at my schematic now and not too sure (Sunday wine glasses on though) ?

Cheers Sy

Just a couple of basic stats... thats all for now.

One for a rad to go in airing cupboard, the other to do rest of heating.

Did put some of that Nest kit the other day which was rather nice.

A Danfos 2 port zone valve will cost about £30 each and a Honeywell about £48 each so a pair would add about £50 or £96 - depending on which you choose - to the cost of the job, which I think is very insignificant in relation to how much you're going to be paying for the Combi !!

It's a complete no-brainer to me but hey ...... I'm just a plumber!!

Try haggling with the supplier of the boiler to get these valves chucked in as part of the deal and don't forget to haggle for one of these while you're at it --->>>https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=f....mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&tbm=shop

A Danfos 2 port zone valve will cost about £30 each and a Honeywell about £48 each so a pair would add about £50 or £96 - depending on which you choose - to the cost of the job, which I think is very insignificant in relation to how much you're going to be paying for the Combi !!

It's a complete no-brainer to me but hey ...... I'm just a plumber!!

Try haggling with the supplier of the boiler to get these valves chucked in as part of the deal and don't forget to haggle for one of these while you're at it --->>>https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=f....mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&tbm=shop

I know I sound like a tight ---.... but if it can easily be done seems a shame bin a perfectly good Honeywell 3port valve.

Getting good deal on whole job which is nice as my mates a plumber or as he'd prefer to be a called a heating engineer

don't see why not, as long as you have heating satisfied coming back from the thermostat that is controlling the zone that is connected to port B on the 3-port and heating off on programmer for that zone also connected to grey on the 3-port

I know I sound like a tight ---.... but if it can easily be done seems a shame bin a perfectly good Honeywell 3port valve.

Getting good deal on whole job which is nice as my mates a plumber or as he'd prefer to be a called a heating engineer

Fairy muff ..... I just have the idea of it being an invitation to trouble using used kit on a new installation, but each to their own :)

I could legitimately call myself a Heating Engineer too - if I didn't feel it was a bit pretentious. ;)

Fairy muff ..... I just have the idea of it being an invitation to trouble using used kit on a new installation, but each to their own :)

I could legitimately call myself a Heating Engineer too - if I didn't feel it was a bit pretentious. ;)

I'm the same with electrics chap.... nothing worst than re-installing old gear. This is only my house though

a geordie pretentious? perish the though. i'm amazed anyone north of the mersey can spell it correctly. :-------:

I'm the same with electrics chap.... nothing worst than re-installing old gear. This is only my house though

Aye .. I understand where you're coming from - respects to you - but I take a slightly different view in that when I do a job as a job for "them" I do it right, but when I do the same job for myself i.e. in my own house I do it extra right!! ;)

Anyway, regardless of how you proceed with your valves, be sure to fit your new boiler with one of those Fernox (or Magnatex) filters to prolong its life.

Going for a Valliant...

I used to like them back in the day when they were built like battleships and took four blokes to lift them, but the last two I fitted I wasn't impressed with.

I always liked the Baxi Duotech and was going to fit one in my own house, but instead got a good deal on a Worcester 37CDI which is a powerful beast and I think I made a good choice. It's been running faultlessly since I fitted it in 2008 and can fill a really hot bath in no time while at the same time filling the kitchen sink which for me was always "the test" for a Combi boiler.

I fitted a Magnaclean filter which does the job but it's an ugly looking thing compared to the Fernox.

Reply to Another heating one... in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock