Discuss Another house sale scuppered by some lazy lying spark in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

An old customer has just rung me about her rewire ........... done by a spark who has failed to provide any certification or Part P notification

Her buyers want to exchange this week but won't without the necessary documentation

He's promised her certification for months now and a search on the competent persons scheme register suggests he's not registered and Linked in suggests he's now employed by a multi national company

So the only winners are the solicitors - who will make charges irrespective of the outcome of the sale ....

I suppose the only options are the seller takes out an indemnity policy or pays for an EICR.

The owner could get you to carry out a periodic inspection and give the EIC to the solicitor and take out indemnity insurance on the electrical installation the cover the missing part p registration/notification. Might be worth suggesting it to the customer so they can speak to their solicitor..... You might be able to save the sale for them.

Can’t you just pull up outside and do it from your van between jobs? :D

OOOH! You mean the system the surveyor used on my house when we bought it. He managed to spot the roof on the porch was incorrect - it was fine. He missed the perfect electrics - T&E melted into the wall above the CCU. The clever bit is the layers of company responsibility when you chase their lazy arse with legals.

Sorry - off topic and a personal rant. Off to boil a RIBA rep in oil

Reply to Another house sale scuppered by some lazy lying spark in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

T
Hi, I'm after some advise really. I'm looking at exchanging house's from South Cambs DC to Cambridge City council and a house that we looked at...
Replies
Views
thequietone
T
Just got back from a customer who has asked me to quote for rectifying some issues brought to light during a recent inspection. The customer came...
Replies
Views
sparks1973
S
So about two months ago now, I got a call from a customer asking if I could do a few bits, "of course" I said. She asked for a rough price to...
Replies
Views
O
A couple of months back one of my neighbours let me know that they were having a new kitchen fitted in their rental property. The complete works...
Replies
Views
drew35
D
Please take some time to read through this. It is written by Widdler's father. I found it on a governement website.. It certainly speaks my mind...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock