Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss another late starter in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TonyN

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello out there. i am new to these forums. I retire from the fire service next year at age 50 (after 30 years service)i am taking my C&G 2330 pt2 at the moment, i would love to work as an electrician as the subject has always facinated me (i know -sad!). realistically what are my chances of getting work. (i dont really want to be self employed) i live in Kent many thanks

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
E

EasyFox

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hello out there. i am new to these forums. I retire from the fire service next year at age 50 (after 30 years service)i am taking my C&G 2330 pt2 at the moment, i would love to work as an electrician as the subject has always facinated me (i know -sad!). realistically what are my chances of getting work. (i dont really want to be self employed) i live in Kent many thanks
Hi Tony,
Well when you pass the 2330 get a couple of jobs done & use them for assessment into one of the part P scheme operators (niceic, nappit & others), might be worth while contacting local sparks to see if they want a hand (easy on the 4 days off unless your'e community firesafety ;)), that way you'll get some hands on experience aswell, but if you're like me you'll be in demand by uncle tom cobbley & all round stations already.
Then get on the C&G 2391 test/inspection.
Do good work dont rip off customers & word of mouth will be the best form of advertising & work is sure to follow, it has for me I now in my 4th year as a sole trader & have more than enough to keep me well busy.
Bottom line if it's something you want to do get out there & do it mate :D. A bit pricey starting up but once you get the tools they start paying for themselves.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to another late starter in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom