Discuss Another Nagy production covers controversy subject in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Just seen that too. He has a very good point. Personally, if you are able access, check and test every part of a new installation I can’t see an issue. How does this sit with supervision of say an apprentice or a mate? Is there a clearly defined boundary?

I think the ‘grey’ area comes when you adopt A another’s work as ‘your own’ without really checking it over or properly looking at it. drive by certification if you will...

Any certification you hand over should state you are fully adopting the job only once it has had a full inspection by yourself

I don't see it as a grey area. You can't certify work you haven't done. You could only sign for inspection and testing even if you had witnessed first fix

The existing work can only be reported on - not certified by you. Even third party verification schemes do not allow involvement of the verifier after the fact.

His certification should only cover his work.

He is saying his certification will cover ‘everything’ including the already institute cables run in by others.

I agree with Nagy in this instance , that he can clearly see what the work was already done then you can adopt it as your own

All this nonsense if someone else has touched the job you can’t finish it as your own really is silly

If you started a job and I finish it leaving it a lovely well completed job then I’m taking the full credit

Given his public admission disciplinary action should be taken against him.

In a previous video about a year ago he finished off a half complete builders rewire and took on the job as his own work....

He is happy and so is his cps by the looks

3rd party certification to one side, there should be a system in place to officially resolve such situations. Electricians pass away, companies go under or are in dispute, i.e. there is a good reason why the original installer cannot finish or sign the certificate.

Why do we have to have some schemes operating 3rd party and others not. So this doesn’t happen in commercial or industrial installations.

I've had this scenario a couple of times.
1st time I think I posted the q on here, but 1st fix was done, place boarded out and plastered. Wires in wrong places, all seemed sketchy. On that occasion said EICR is all I'd sign. They found another who would provide EIC and notify.
A more recent job, 1st fix 75% done, but I was able to see cable runs etc, on this occasion happy to issue EIC.
Can't see any point whatsover in pulling out cable, just to pull in new in the same place!

Reply to Another Nagy production covers controversy subject in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock