Discuss Another new bloke..... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

L.c

Hi to all hope to learn a lot off some of you guys i quailifed last year as an electrician so be gentle. I'm doing my 2391 and have passed the practical but failed the written twice so off i go for a third time. I dont work as an electrician so i'm trying to gain experience from doing the odd job here and there as you guys will know its hard to start with and i suppose you learn every day.
I do have a quick question my uncle had a conservatory built and the spark that wired it had run a fuse spur into it and run the lights and sockets off it can this be right and legal???????
Sorry for the long post just wanted to give a quick run down as to where i'm at.
Regards to all.........

Welcome L.c

With regards to the switched fused spur.

The anwser is yes its fine if it's radial circuit backed up with a 20A/16A breaker the lighting can be fused down in the spur. And if it has 30mA RCD protection .

Mark

you would have to be more specific

are you saying you have a single fused spur running BOTH the lights and sockets? what size cables are running from the FCU? And what size fuse is in it?

Its not a job that i'm doing it was just an observation when he was having the work done from what i saw it was 1.5m for the light and 2.5m for the sockets running from one fused spur it was some time ago but was just thinking about it.

you would have to be more specific

are you saying you have a single fused spur running BOTH the lights and sockets? what size cables are running from the FCU? And what size fuse is in it?

Thanks ian.settle1 and mpfisher for your comments.
L.c

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi LC welcome to the forum. That conssvatory wireing sounds a bit dodgy to me.
unless there is another fused spur of the power fused to 5-10A.

Reply to Another new bloke..... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net