Discuss Another Pricing Question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spazz

Here is the situation:

3 bed house (3 bed up, 1 bathroom up, kitchen down, living room down)
CU move and replace with new (10 way - MK)
Rewire throughout (sockets/lights)
Remove Shower Circuit
New metal clad back-boxes and ABS fronts

Bedroom 1 and 2 = 4 sockets
Bedroom 3 = 2 Sockets
Hall and landing = 1 socket each
Living room = 5 sockets
Kitchen = 6 sockets
Dining room = 4 sockets

1 light per room

All new cables to be installed in walls (made good) - all existing trunking and wires to be removed

About 200m of 2.5 T&E needed
About 100m of 1.5 T&E needed
About 50m of 3 Core & E needed

How much??

Also you are the tenant and you are doing all this work whist you and your family are living there!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should have a go at working something out before asking, don't you?
After all, pricing is part of the job.

I have a price and they are asking me to reduce.

I wanted to get other prices from people on here to put my price in comparison

I would be looking at £2500 - £3500.
The big difference would depend if it was solid ground floor and access issues to be taken into account.

doing it in a occupied house will be a proper pain in the lower back.
chasing walls is a nightmare when comes to dust.

Thanks everyone - that has confirmed my thoughts that the landlord is being a pain in the a***.

They took short cuts in the first place - did it themselves and nothing met regs - some of which has been classed as dangerous (C1s and C2s)

It always costs more doing it on the slay compared to getting someone to do it correctly!

Half the lowest price.

I did a EICR last month and it flagged up with over 50 things in the end when I finished.

The landlord did the whole thing themselves and bodged the whole lot!

I like the area and with things going on in my personal life I don't mind doing it at a (VERY) discounted price to make sure that I stay here.

In the last year I have had to move twice! - 1st was because I got flooded out, 2nd was because the landlord refused to allow safety improvements to be done so the LA condemned the whole building and the courts made the landlord sell up.

I really dont want to move again!

you could sweeten the pill by offering to do it for 75% cash then 25% made from a rent free period, so reducing what he has to filtch from under his matress/swiss bank account.

£2500-£3000

I see there's no cooker circuit at all (6mm),smoke detectors or Bonding required on the list so maybe knock a couple of hundred off.

I can see why you'd cut the price in half due to circumstances you've quoted but your selling yourself short and could be setting a precident as others will want the same sort of work done just as cheap (as it'll become known you can be battered down on price to a considerable extent)so i'd suggest not going so low in future.

I sweetened the deal by putting it payable over 4 months off my rent. Gives me more flexibility then on when I do it.

Bonding is also required, but I have about 1000m of 10mm earth that has been given to me so not fused about that at all.

No cooker because its gas to my cooker and landlord dont want to put a cooker point in.

I normally charge £2,000 - £3,000 for a job like this - the money is not important to me I just want a safe house to live in with my family (and babies)

Mains Fire Alarms already here so just replace the cables.

If the landlord moans anymore I will tell them I want £1,000 cash and 1 months rent free and keep upping the price till they agree on it, the agent has already told the landlord if I don't do it then hes moving me out and he will give me a months rent back and declare the house as not fit to live in to the LA. - Don't think the landlord will go down that route

Reply to Another Pricing Question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net