Discuss Another success for self certification in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

Came across these gems on a certificate today:

Rubbish cert 2.jpg

Details of work covered by certificate - none!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rubbish cert 2.jpg

Number of points - a dash

Makes you wonder why we bother doing the right thing.

It,s always puzzled me how come if you are an mot tester you can,t mot your own car yet a spark can sign off his own work? most sparks do do a decent job but as this proves there are some that dont.

Oh come now, where's your spirit of adventure? Just think how dull life would be if you had all the information. You'd be finishing earlier and wouldn't know what to do with yourself.

It,s always puzzled me how come if you are an mot tester you can,t mot your own car yet a spark can sign off his own work? most sparks do do a decent job but as this proves there are some that dont.

Is that true , a mot tester cant do his own car ?
Well you learn somefing new every day lol.

I read (I think on another forum) that a few members didn't bother filling in the number of points as they thought it was pointless :banghead:

Isnt it only NICIEC test certs that ask for no. of points on each circuit ?
Have to admit it can be a pain if youre in a rush and the house is full of junk.

Isnt it only NICIEC test certs that ask for no. of points on each circuit ?
Have to admit it can be a pain if youre in a rush and the house is full of junk.

This cert was for 10 new circuits in a house extension. My guess is that the house was empty when he tested it

If you download the free IET forms there is no space for "No. of points served". Just NICEIC forms have that, so not actually necessary from a regs point of view.

this is what i thought as well , still lazy though when you've done all the wiring yourself lol.

It proves nothing of the sort! It just proves he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, everything else on the cert seems to be fine. Its an elecsa cert btw.

I have to say, on a new install I always used to put number of points but not always on D/B change etc, the new elecsa certs dont ask for it, so that in itself kinda invalidates any criticism of his neglecting to record it.

Reply to Another success for self certification in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net