Discuss Any 1 else had a random company ring you on behalf of NICEIC? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mattmoo1974

Im with elecsa?
Loads of Ques on was i happy with Elecsa etc etc
Im guessing loads of people are leaving them and there trying to find out why.
Why didnt i join NICEIC?
Would you recommed Elecsa to other spark?
Answer from 1 to 10 10 being very happy lol

I joined elecsa for my first registration and i wont be renewing my membership,i did a full house rewire for a woman who has a few properties in my village,this woman has got a history of being sectioned under the mental health act as she goes off the rails sometimes,she asked me not to put in a shower circuit as she was running it off the combi boiler,she told me not to put in a cooker point as her niece was using gas,and the boiler was getting moved from upstairs main bedroom cupboard into a small cupboard in the front bedroom above the stairs so i put in a 6a circuit for the boiler.the bathroom ceiling was clad in wood and i fitted a 2d 16w low energy fitting in there.after the rewire was completed and certed off i was paid in full and went away happy,3 weeks later i got a letter from elecsa saying she had complained about the rewire.1 NO SHOWER CIRCUIT....2 NO COOKER CIRCUIT.....3 NO CIRCUIT FOR THE BOILER IN THE KITCHEN....4 BARE WIRES HANGING OUT OF THE CEILING IN THE BATHROOM....as u can imagine i was like whaaaat!....i went back to the property and guess what...no wood on bathroom ceiling and no 2d light fitting...all cables taped up...circuit removed and disconnected from the small front bedroom cupboard for the boiler,cu cover missing and a 10 mm cable hanging out presumably for a shower and a 6 mm cable hanging out for cooker,so i rang elecsa and explained everything what had happened.....they werent interested all they wanted was the complaint resolving no matter how,i told them the rewire was complete and complied fully to 17th but they said this sounds like contractual and not technical so we cant get involved,but they then sent me 3 letters threatening to suspend my membership if i didnt resolve the complaint.basically they wanted me to shell out my own money to pay for everything that wasnt right even though the light fitting from the bathroom miraculously appeared in the womans own home in a carrier bag and the son in law told me he had advised her to put the boiler in the kitchen and not in the bedroom closet where she told me to put the boiler circuit,elecsa wont be getting any more money from me...i give them a massive 1

also thier fees have jumped from £430 per first year to £490

Last edited by a moderator:
BertUK,

I sympathise with your story. However I have a couple of questions. Do you think the outcome would have been any different if you'd been with NICEIC? Did you have a written contract including the scope of work?

i didnt have a written quote for the work but my point is this,elecsa tell me not to worry as this all sounds like contractual issues ie whats been agreed between me and the customer and they can ONLY get involved if its technical issues ie,something doesnt conform,they never once contacted me to tell me they had been in touch with the customer to get her side of the story,they sent me 3 letters saying if i didnt contact them with my proposals to close the complaint they would suspend me from the scheme,basically they were telling me to bow to this womans demands at whatever cost to myself or i would be suspended,after it all came about about the light fitting from the bathroom being found in her own home and 2 statements from 2 different gas fitters being sent to them saying they had both quoted to put the boiler where she asked in the front bedroom,and the shower circuits and cooker circuit being put in by a 3rd party they agreed that she didnt have a complaint at all but i never even got a letter from them saying the complaint had been resolved(even though they said there wasnt one ) and i rang them and basically said you have tried to bully me into doing something which i wasnt prepared to do without getting all the facts and threatened me with suspension if i didnt do it,

i use written contracts all the time but you know yourself when you get someone who is a local friend of the family who has had work done on 4 other properties without incident sometimes contracts arent required as both parties have a degree of trust for each other.

i have done 2446 jobs on my books never had a written contract .never had any problems .must have been lucky ?

ive never typed out a contract, rarely give a written quotation unless specifically asked for one, i just make a note of whats been said and verbally confirm what has been agreed before the job starts. Im afraid you have just met a fruitcake. God must like crazy people... he made so many of them. Re what has been said about elecsa, Yes I agree, that you would probably have got the same from the others. so if thats the case, why is it that so many people say how friendly and helpful elecsa are when you go to join ? Cant do too much to help you in your application ?The answer to that is that its just the salesmen at the end of the line trying to reel you in. All smiles, but when the brown stuff hits the fan, you are on your own. My advice to you, is join the NIC. At least they are consistently arsey. It must have come as a nasty surprise when the nice friendly elecsa started growling! Changing the subject slightly, Am I right in thinking that Elecsa is run by the the ECA? If so, why dont they put their own name to their part p scheme like the NIC do ?

TBH you dont really need a contract on small domestic, send them a quotation and spec and let them place their order based on that if there are any extras again stick in a quote

With regards to NIC before they became a money making organisation ( a charity ) they were the dog's now it's all run by little girls with a clipboard Colin mentality

matt thats what i cant understand,it was certed off and they cudnt be bothered to check all the facts before pushing me to do the work i had already done or be suspended,elecsa are supposed to be all time served electricians....i dont think they are all that to be honest.

i love all this nic all the other -------s. end of the day do a good job u get no ****. end of story.
u get a dodgy customer go the extra mile. do 1/2 a day no pay all happy .

i love all this nic all the other -------s. end of the day do a good job u get no ****. end of story.

Install a shower supply, cooker supply and move a boiler supply from upstairs to downstairs in half a day? Plus there's the material costs as well! Think you're missing the point a little especially seeing as how the OP sounds like he did a decent job and exactly what he was asked to originally do.

On the original subject, if you've had one really bad experience with ELECSA, who's to say you won't have another. Give one of the others a go and see what happens is what I would suggest. I'm an NIC Approved Contractor and my mate's with NAPIT. We're both happy with our decisions so far although if you go NIC, expect to do a little more paperwork in preparation for your site visit. I know from comparing the two companies in the pub that I have to do a lot more each year to keep the NIC happy including having a health and safety policy (despite being a one man band), have a test meter accuracy record and atleast 3 jobs for the inspector to view out of a choice of 7 which my mate does not have to do with NAPIT.

i take it from your comment john that you are implying i havent done a good job or i wouldnt have got all the ****,if the job wasnt up to standard then it wouldnt have been certified.you miss the point of this whole debate,elecsa told me in the first instance that this was ALL CONTRACTUAL and they COULDNT get involved,they could ONLY get involved if it was technical ie something didnt comply to bs7671,then they tell me if i dont make this woman happy by bowing to her demands then i would be suspended.also if you are willing to work for nothing m8 then you must be either very rich and dont have a mortgage or very foolish.

Reply to Any 1 else had a random company ring you on behalf of NICEIC? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock