Discuss Any advice? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jufi77

Trainee
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am about to start my 305 design project but I have some issue at the beggining as this is my first contact with design project.The thing what is confusing me is that arrangement of lighting, socket outlets and FCU must take into account that a fault in any one room must not effect another room.Any advice please,thanks...

Attachments

• IMG_20210511_200920.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 36
I don't want to be irritating but you'll learn more if we help you work out the answer yourself.
So take it a step at a time.
What could happen if you have one room and a fault?

I've looked a bit more now. It actually depends on the definition of "room" doesn't it.
Do they mean nothing in GF02 should affect GF01, or do they mean the bathroom in GF01 shouldn't affect the bedroom in GF01.
I'd like to believe they mean the first one, and that would reflect real life installations better, but it isn't absolutely clear.

I've looked a bit more now. It actually depends on the definition of "room" doesn't it.
Do they mean nothing in GF02 should affect GF01, or do they mean the bathroom in GF01 shouldn't affect the bedroom in GF01.
I'd like to believe they mean the first one, and that would reflect real life installations better, but it isn't absolutely clear.
I am not sure either..make no sense to put four lighting circuits in GF01...do you recon one CU for both suites or separate ?I don't know what is a requirement for hotel rooms ☹️..does every suite need to have separate CU..anyway thanks for you response bud

Reply to Any advice? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I removed my baseboard electrical heaters (1981 installed) due to finishing off the room. When I had a new AC ductwork installed they changed the...
Replies
Views
Hey guys this is my first post on this site. Just got my design project It's a swimming pool hotel and cafe. I haven't got a clue where to begin...
Replies
Views
Completed my AM2s start of this year. My whole career plan is to run my own company/sole trader. Be my own boss basically. I always get asked...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
We have had builders in, who have stopped for Xmas. My daughter tried to do a wash. The wash machine wouldnt. Its power socket is dead. I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock