Discuss any body know a BT engineer who does Guvvy Jobs!! in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DurhamSparky

need a contact of a BT chap who does Guvvy work!! got a request!

needs to be in durham area and also working on the Telephone Network not fibre or networks!!

need to switch my overhead line (installed when house was in build) to the nice Underground ducted line that was installed when house was complete!! refuse to pay BT there silly prices on the table!!

had a chap going to do it before when he was at another job but he got called away and never gave him my contact details!!

would do it my self but some thing about connecting the line up in the exchange etc!! lol... dont fancy been arrested for breaking and entering lol!!

cheers rocker

would do it my self but some thing about connecting the line up in the exchange etc!! lol... dont fancy been arrested for breaking and entering lol!!

cheers rocker

is the cable from your house connected in the street cabinet,thought it would already be connected in the exchange to the cabinet.

not entirely sure!!

have look round the estate for a green cabinet,should have a number on it,report the doors open to bt,if its all connected up they will come out to close it,then collar the engineer ;) what exchange you connected too...?

Last edited by a moderator:
hahahahaha quality!! unfortunately the patch cabs are underground only know that because the other engineer told me!! may just ring open reach and tell them a white lie!

hahahahaha quality!! unfortunately the patch cabs are underground only know that because the other engineer told me!! may just ring open reach and tell them a white lie!

they might be waiting for the exchange to be upgraded for the fibre to cabinet program,ch-le-st about now,aycliffe sept 2011..

going to give Bt another ring tomorrow and see what i can blag! might tell them that there original overhead "Temp" line is not inkeeping with architects plans and needs to be connected to underground duct like every other house on estate!

only reason i have overhead line is due to my house been sales office/show house!

going to give Bt another ring tomorrow and see what i can blag! might tell them that there original overhead "Temp" line is not inkeeping with architects plans and needs to be connected to underground duct like every other house on estate!

only reason i have overhead line is due to my house been sales office/show house!

you could pull it down,after all the supply to the master socket is bt's responsibility..;) oh and tell them its an alarm line and they are leaving you vunerable to attack..:cool:

Reply to any body know a BT engineer who does Guvvy Jobs!! in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net