Discuss Any famous encounters with well known celebs? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Me and RIP Lewis Collins met Lewis in a bar one day, in Kenya, got his autograph for Her in doors, she had a thing for him during the Professionals era, nice man, no airs or graces, down to earth sort earned my respect that encounter did, unlike the divas he was with, won't mention any names they are still alive I think.

My brother, who lives in Edinburgh posted on Facebook about bumping into Ed Byrne, Sue Perkins and Sir Ian Macellan within half an hour of each other during the Fringe.

“So pleased to live in this wonderful city”

Arse!

Working on the Superman set many years ago shared a table with Christopher Reeves in the Pinewood canteen. Seen many a famous person over the years in the film game.

He rules the UAE better known as Sheikh Mohammed leading race horse owner/breeder and a thoroughly decent fellow. A very high powered individual and a very close friend of the Queen through horse racing.

I managed to get within a few feet of Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt outside the Albany Hotel back in 1977 after a gig at the legendary Glasgow Apollo. Alas, they were quickly ushered out of their car and into the hotel by security and didn't have time to sign their names on my newly-purchased Quo t-shirt. :(

I've had encounters with (prepare to be impressed :grimacing:) Ronnie Corbett, Colin McMillan, the chuckle brothers, and once did some work in Roland Gift's house (local celeb)

I have had some encounters with a couple of world known entertainers and musicians. they will both remain anonymous.
however, it has to be said that some are just like you expect them to be and others are far more refined than the telly would have you believe.

I stood beside Neil Morissey (men behaving badly) waiting to get served at a bar once when I was 20. I said 'I bet you hate strangers talking to you', he said 'yeah'.

Working in tbe entertainment industry I've seen or met a fair few famous and 'famous' people, it's never really bothered me nor have I ever got starstruck by it.

However I have worked in one famous location that had me a little bit in awe, the lecture theatre at the Royal Institution in albermarle Street, London. Which is, as you all know I'm sure, is the lecture theatre where Michael Faraday presented his work to the scuentific community.

John Higgins snooker player - Every day in my local snooker club for about 7 years lol - he was a tad better than me but i prepared him for all that clearing up at the end of a frame which has become his trademark - I achieved this by allowing him to give me a 7 up/down point start per frame start at levels then every frame he won i got 7 points start next frame ie 7 - 14 - 21 ect ect you get it. Im convince it was me who made him great lol. Really nice guy btw nothing like tv/match persona. Going on from that I have met and chatted with a lot of the professional snooker players past and present - but as its a niche sport i don't think it really counts as famous lol.

As for just fleeting meetings - Barry from Eastenders - again used to see him at least monthly at my old nightclub haunts down in Canterbury (He has a house not far away) - another decent fella.

Billy Connolly - I was working above him literally speaking when he was performing in some theatre in Scotland - met him before the show and he was quite cool

I have also met and shared a drink with a few well known DJ's during my brothers time as head of security for a big dance club in Glasgow.

My brother was in Jeremy Hunt's house last year.

He was there in a business capacity, him and his wife was there also.

My mate is just after buying a second hand E-Class that used to belong to Jacob Rees Mogg. I had it sitting at 130mph a few weeks ago.

As for my most famous meeting of a celebrity, does Martin McGuinness count?

I drove jimmy Saville from the sergeants mess to the now renamed Saville rooms at CTCRM when I was in the forces.

I bumped into Robbie Coltrane in my local Homebase a few years ago. He was waiting for a piece of wood to be cut.

He nodded and said "alright?"
Like the classy act I am, I nodded back and said "Aye!"

Just the normal banter between celebrities who don't have to be gushy...

I’ve met HM, Margaret Thatcher, Tony Blair, Nelson Mandela amongst others, and a bloke called Václav Havel.

I also had to tell Barry Evans to move his arse, on the ramp of a Cruise ship. -:)

I’ve met HM, Margaret Thatcher, Tony Blair, Nelson Mandela amongst others, and a bloke called Václav Havel.

I also had to tell Barry Evans to move his arse, on the ramp of a Cruise ship. -:)
Bin there with the Thatch Woman, and her bestest buddy the For Sec. along with Gorby and his hangers on's, met Mr Mcaleese he of Iranian Siege Embassy fame, nice Man, but an interpreter was needed, to decipher the Scottish accent.

Last edited:
Also met Tony Sale at Bletchley Park;

I’ve told the story before, Pete will know, but we visited a place where there’s a museum to eaves dropping devices. We were told that the Russian Boy Scouts presented the US Ambassador in Moscow with a plaque. Yanks discovered later it was a bugging device, but they couldn’t work out how it functioned. A Brit scientist worked it out. Met Tony at a function there,and recounted the story. That was me he said.:)

Reply to Any famous encounters with well known celebs? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock