Discuss Any good books for 2391 revision? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rob-Alg

Hi all,

Just completed my 2330 level 3 and I'v been advised to do my 2391 while everything is still fresh in my mind. I'm going to gbuy the on site guide and guidance notes 3 and was hoping somebody could recommend a good book to help me pass it? I'v not got much testing experience but I'm hoping plenty of studying will make up for this?

Any Advice and book recommendations will be much appreciated!!!

the iet book fro exam success is a good one to have and get as much hands on as you can with the tester. start looking through gn3 when you get it and learn all the terminology.

I've just bought Guidance Notes 3 and City and Guilds Exam Success: Inspection and Testing (IEE Wiring Regulations)
I am not sure if there are anymore, I am sure there are. But those 2 are the 2 I've been recommend to buy.
OSG is just handy full stop, along with 17th Edition.
I have just ordered Snags and Solutions: Inspection and Testing Pt. 3: A Practical Guide to Everyday Electrical Problems (Niceic)
Hopefully they will do the job...All on Amazon

Give yourself a realistic 3 months to read through the books. Become familiar with testing if you can and terminology. Don't let the books become expensive beer mats like some lads on my course did. I've got my 2391 set of October. I am sure you will pass.
There are some ok videos on You Tube for testing too.

Although waiting for my exam results back from C&G, I found my confidence was boosted by past exam papers. Read all the books first, I then spent at least an hour an evening going through the papers for around 2 months before the course time.
I worked using the books as reference for any questions I was not sure on and sat the rest under an exam conditions, kids permitting haha!

Good luck

Reply to Any good books for 2391 revision? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net