uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Any help appreciated. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sivoodoo

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

At a consumer unit there are a number of seperate radial circuits.

When I remove the line conuctors from the circuit breakers and measure resistance across say any 2 of the radial line conductors I get readings of 500 to 700 ohms using a megger mft 1553 with the dial set to Ω.

When I set the Megger to continuity I get no continuous tone just a succession of fast clicks.

1. Why would there be a resistance at all if they are supposed to be seperate circuits, whats going on?

2. Why is the megger clicking like this?

Thank you.:confused:

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
are the neutrals still connected
if so this is why down 1 live back up n down other n back on 2nd live through the load
the reason it clicks is because the resistance is too high for the ohm meter to beep this only happens on low resistance

S

sivoodoo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I dont get the symbol that tells me the batteries are weak, though I do get a reading when first switched on that says 9.8v. Any ideas?

Cheers markspark666 of course!

Last edited by a moderator:
L

leekemp85

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
you can change the continuity ohm setting on the meggers i had a 1502 and had the same problem. it was set to low look at the instruction it is easy to change the setting. i will check tommrrow f you haven't got your manual, But I think you set your meter to ohm's then hold the test button and you can change the setting

Reply to Any help appreciated. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom