Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Any last minute tips? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rauer

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Well got my elecsa assessment on Tuesday any tips muscly appreciated , and anything you would recommend knowing religiously ( without having to refer to the bgb!!!)
Thanks

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Building regs eg chase depths, holes in joists and simple things like max RCD trip times.

And of course testing

M

mickytuff

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Be confident in your testing and conduct, nobodys perfect...knowing everything, but as long as you know your job you should be fine bud.....Gudluck!!

K

KevinS

Got my NICEIC assessment also on Tuesday, it's went ok for the last 4 years, so I'm hoping the same happens this year.
Just remember their not there to trick you. Just do things as you would any other day
good luck!

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
Tea and biscuits...

Jimmy Boy

-
Arms
If your looking after the obvious testing, then labels for MET and circuit charts at the board,if you have a top entry CU make sure it is sealed to the relevant IP.
J

S

sedgy34

Chat about part p and what a farce it is he will forget about your assessment lol
Theres also an old thread on here questions to ask a scam assessor

R

Rauer

Cheers guys , well this is my first assessment and decided to show them a board change on my brothers house, it's all tested out ok , there was no earth at a fitting that I had to sort and the bonding is all in 10mm so it's all good really , it's just the sort of questions that they will ask that worries me!

happyhippydad

-
Arms
Esteemed
Hi,
I've just started a similar post and I think the best advice given to me was to ring them (elecsa) up and ask what they are looking for. When I rang mine they said I would be asked some questions about BS7671 and they also put my mind at rest as to what practical stuff they were looking for. I thought I would need to get a C.U change under my belt, but they said they would be happy seeing at least one new circuit rather than a full C.U change.
Give them a ring, be cheeky and ask.

rich.250

-
Arms
From my Experience of elecsa, (no longer with them)
They asked a lot of questions on building regulations, electricians guide to building regs was his favourite book to see.
Definitions of IP ratings, and expected results when testing....
Pretty basic stuff really and he always said as long as you know where the info is I don't expect you to know it all!
So you'll be fine ;)

R

Rauer

Have got that book! Found quite informative really

S

sedgy34

Have got that book! Found quite informative really
Just make a note of page numbers inside front cover
ip ratings, max zs,ref methods, rcd tripping times, bs numbers etc

R

Rauer

I'm gonna go and get some of those post it tabs in a bit and sticker it up!!

He will spend the first hour or so just getting a feel for your background and how you approach your work. Just make sure you have all your documentation to hand as he will have to record that it is all in order.
The other guys have pretty much covered what is expected, and most of what you will be asked is in the osg and the electricians guide to the building regs, so just keep reading them.
Of course it will be stressful (if it matters to you), but always double-check your answers if you are not sure by looking them up.
Oh, and make sure the CU has all 3 labels on it.

O

Octopus

Well got my elecsa assessment on Tuesday any tips muscly appreciated , and anything you would recommend knowing religiously ( without having to refer to the bgb!!!)
Thanks
Make sure you review the check list they provided in the pack you got sent. What they are expecting to see is detailed, then they look at your "job" certificate, invoice and my assessor likes to see a couple of estimates too.

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to Any last minute tips? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom