Discuss Any last minute tips? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Rauer

Well got my elecsa assessment on Tuesday any tips muscly appreciated , and anything you would recommend knowing religiously ( without having to refer to the bgb!!!)
Thanks

Be confident in your testing and conduct, nobodys perfect...knowing everything, but as long as you know your job you should be fine bud.....Gudluck!!

Got my NICEIC assessment also on Tuesday, it's went ok for the last 4 years, so I'm hoping the same happens this year.
Just remember their not there to trick you. Just do things as you would any other day
good luck!

If your looking after the obvious testing, then labels for MET and circuit charts at the board,if you have a top entry CU make sure it is sealed to the relevant IP.
J

Chat about part p and what a farce it is he will forget about your assessment lol
Theres also an old thread on here questions to ask a scam assessor

Cheers guys , well this is my first assessment and decided to show them a board change on my brothers house, it's all tested out ok , there was no earth at a fitting that I had to sort and the bonding is all in 10mm so it's all good really , it's just the sort of questions that they will ask that worries me!

Hi,
I've just started a similar post and I think the best advice given to me was to ring them (elecsa) up and ask what they are looking for. When I rang mine they said I would be asked some questions about BS7671 and they also put my mind at rest as to what practical stuff they were looking for. I thought I would need to get a C.U change under my belt, but they said they would be happy seeing at least one new circuit rather than a full C.U change.
Give them a ring, be cheeky and ask.

From my Experience of elecsa, (no longer with them)
They asked a lot of questions on building regulations, electricians guide to building regs was his favourite book to see.
Definitions of IP ratings, and expected results when testing....
Pretty basic stuff really and he always said as long as you know where the info is I don't expect you to know it all!
So you'll be fine ;)

He will spend the first hour or so just getting a feel for your background and how you approach your work. Just make sure you have all your documentation to hand as he will have to record that it is all in order.
The other guys have pretty much covered what is expected, and most of what you will be asked is in the osg and the electricians guide to the building regs, so just keep reading them.
Of course it will be stressful (if it matters to you), but always double-check your answers if you are not sure by looking them up.
Oh, and make sure the CU has all 3 labels on it.

Well got my elecsa assessment on Tuesday any tips muscly appreciated , and anything you would recommend knowing religiously ( without having to refer to the bgb!!!)
Thanks

Make sure you review the check list they provided in the pack you got sent. What they are expecting to see is detailed, then they look at your "job" certificate, invoice and my assessor likes to see a couple of estimates too.

Just remembered that my assessor asked for proof that I had notified jobs, luckily I had printed out the details for each one.
Also looked through estimates/quotes to see if i had specified the style of fitting, white plastic / Georgian brass etc.

Surely I don't need to do this yet as I only did the change on Thursday

Surely I don't need to do this yet as I only did the change on Thursday

No, you won't need to have notified anything before your assessment with Elecsa.
Ok, one last time....

You are "supposed" to notify LBC in advance that you will be carrying out notifiable work (along with a large fee). Then they come and see what you are up to. Once you complete the work, LBC come back out and sign it off for you.
In reality, most LBC's are not interested, as they know that you will notify it yourself once you become part P registered. NOTE: They only allow this "bending" of the rules for assessment jobs.
I actually did things by the book and spoke to my LBC beforehand (foolishly, you might say), and they made a note that I was carrying out notifiable work for assessment purposes to cover me.

Just relax, and as long as you have done a good job, have all the relevant paperwork in place, and can find the answers in your books, then you will be fine :)
Remember....They WANT you to be in the club.

Reply to Any last minute tips? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock