Discuss any motors experts on here in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jonnyboy1

hi guys

currently doing some course work time served spark 4years. i have a theory question regarging squirrel cage motors and induction wound motor and the 2 differences in their construction, mabye im being blind in the notes but the answers i keep trying to pluck from them allways seem to be wrong.

the last answer i came up with was........
Selected Answer: the differences in the construction are- squirrel cage construted by fixed windings in the stator wound rotor induction machine has slip rings and a solid conductors

its been years since ive been to college and done any theroy im not looking for the answer im looking for an explnation so i can understand it. its an online home course btw!!!

cheers

i have a theory question regarging squirrel cage motors and induction wound motor and the 2 differences in their construction,

Squirrel cage motors are manufactured with shorted rotor bars and no rotor windings.

Induction wound motors require slip rings for running and rotor winding resistors to start.

Tony I have had a look at your thread and it's awesome however I'm only looking at squirrel cage and wound induction motors in the motor section of my overall project and will look into it deeper once I'm home from blooming work
Cheers

Give me a day or two, I’ve finished all the drawing for an article. Just need to write it up. Wound rotor are all ready in there in there.

The drawings take time to do.

Sweet. On these motors would the cover which enclose the moving parts be termed - the terminal plate? And is the complete external frame work be named as the shaft end flange? I don't know if the online assessment page is marking me wrong or I'm wrong lol or it's probably simple and I'm just missing the point

The end covers are usually referred to as end bells, the main body the stator. Bearings, connections, etc are in the thread. Sorry I’ve got to go out now, will look at putting things together when I get back.

Reply to any motors experts on here in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net