Discuss Any of you guys bikers?? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Guest112

alright guys as title reads any of you bikers? will be doing my cbt (again) for a 125cc start of spring and am looking as we speak for a 125cc, ive ridden motorbikes all my life but not recently but now i have the money and room im in the market for a 125.

any recommendations from previous experience? ive ridden a yamaha ybr,honda cg , yamaha tzr 125, dr 125 and many many scramblers etc etc

plan is just to do a cbt then theory and licence within the two years not direct access so will be restricted to 25kw of power whatever that is im more familiar with the 33 bhp restriction for two years untill i can ride any bike i want

any recommendations for 125s? any bikers on here~?

I had a CBR125 to learn on and now have a cbr1000rr. I love Honda loads. The CBR125 is a good bike and very reliable. I did the same 33BHP for 2 years on a restrictedish SV650. Also a good first big bike.

just been looking at a honda cbf 125 looks nice will do untill i do my test like and as always the reliability of honda is great

i done direct access 4 years ago and never looked back mate, 4 day course, never been on a bike before. cbt on the monday, then tuesday, wednesday training on a 600, driving test on the thursday(passed) friday went and bought a cbr 600, had that a year then bought an r1. happy days. love biking. done track days, been to ron haslams race shool at donnington park and i go to ireland with the boys every year for the road racing and a wee bevvy of course for 5 days, yi cany beat it.

as for 125s, i couldnt have one, im 6ft 5 right enough. but for advice then all i can say is the big manufacturers honda, yamaha etc are pretty bullet proof at all sizes but it really comes down to what style of bike you are comfortable with, im a sport bike boy so im not comfy on tourers etc, so no point in you buying a sport bike style when your comfy on touring style bikes etc.

decide what style you like and go get some test rides at dealerships to decide what your after.
most important thing i was told when i was starting to bike was "IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT THEN BUY THE MORE EXPENSIVE HELMETS, JACKET, TROUSERS, BOOTS, GLOVES" as it may just save your life one day so i always stick to that principle.

hope this has helped you out, and good luck mate

My first ever 125 was brank spanking new Yamaha SR 125. It was a lovely ride and did me for over a year until I got my full licence. I also had a Gilera Runner 125 Scooter for about a month. Very cool, very quick! and very cheap to buy and run if scooters are your thing? I've also owned a KTM supermoto 125, I would rate this as by far the best of the 125's I've owned in terms of speed, thrill and coolness. It will easily beat any supercar off the line up to about 60mph but then thats about as fast as it will go. Mind you, it did have a racing gear box. The downside with KTM's is that when they go wrong, which they inevitably will, a lot, they are pricey to maintain!

To be honest, I'm not a fan of these 125 superbike replicas as you can tell what they really are a mile away. The real thing is much better :D If you're gonna get a 125, get one that looks like it's meant to be a 125!

Last edited:
Me and my baby

Attachments

• Any of you guys bikers?? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329855703.209457 - EletriciansForums.net
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329855703.209457.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 23
nice bikes guys, ive ridden allsorts of bikes but not sure about the style yet tbh ridden trail bikes (road legal scrambles) ridden the racing replica 125s but they look alright from the side but then from the front the width just looks wrong the skinny tyres etc the best 125 i rode was the yamaha tzr 125 1988 pre-restriction days had a strange gear box mind (5 up rather than 1 down 4 up) but it would do a 100 and the power bands were scary lol not sure what to get guys leaning towards the direct access now so i can get myself a HD sportster not really into the racing bikes just like to ride cnat even explain how much i miss riding been literally riding motorbikes since i was a little kid

will have to have a think boys

Only ridden them as pillion.
Rewires, I’ve done seven to date. BSA, Triumph and BMW. Making the looms is fun.
Getting your mate to jump on the starter of a bike that hadn’t run for 20 years is magic. It’s older than me, it fired the first time (better than me).
I was on planet Spongle. PS I rebuilt the gearbox and the clutch for the BSA (under instruction (your never to old to learn)).

I just do off road trials at the mo.
Here's my new toy :)

Attachments

• Any of you guys bikers?? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329894509.852347 - EletriciansForums.net
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329894509.852347.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 8

Reply to Any of you guys bikers?? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock