Discuss Any one use a wylex solar D/B in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

They have not given a reason at all, I going to give them a call in the morning as i have the MID cert for the meter.
Its just been one of them jobs everything seems to be going wrong for my client, The fronius 3.6tl packed up after 3 days so that needed to be replaced then this has happened.

There is one little tweak that not many people know. The V11.122 of that meter has no brake and will always count upwards whatever direction the power is passing through it. So the customer is actually getting paid for the few watts the inverter uses at night. The MCS metering guidance says:

"The meter should be fitted with a backstop so that it does not run “backwards” in
circumstances where there is power flowing to the generator.
Meters are to be installed according to the manufacturer’s instructions."

That is not the cleverest paragraph because it envisages the meter running backwars without considering the meter running forwards with each power direction.

Inepro do have a more expensive version which does not do this, but generally it does not seem to be stocked and Wylex do not seem to have appreciated the point. It is perhaps worth £10 per year in the customer's favour if I have my sums right.

Perhaps Eon have twigged!

Bruce is on the money as usual. The v11.212 is the better option as it's unidirectional only (with brake), with a back-lit display. Not typically stocked though but can be provided if needed.

Sorry my mistake its N power not Eon, this is what it says on the letter. Your meter type does not fall in line with the National Measurement Offices regulations...."

Reply to Any one use a wylex solar D/B in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net