Discuss Any point in 17th if i have 2330? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kieran

Hi!

Was wondering if anyone can help?

I’m currently in my 3rd year of college and about tocomplete my C & G 2330 Level 3.

Now…here’s my question – Do I REALLY need to complete the17thedition wiring regs exam?

I was thinking of taking it as I’m keen to obtain as manyqualifications as possible in order to be fully qualified but after havingspoken to a few of the sparks on site, they seem to think that, as I’m doingthe 2330, I’m essentially already working to the 17th edition and don’t needthe exam. One of the lads even went asfar as to ring his college to check and they said that the 2330 level 3 was thehighest you could achieve and that some colleges make you take the 17th inaddition.

Considering that the 17th regs course just teaches you howto use ‘the big red book’, is it really essential? I now can’t help feelingthat it’s a nice money-spinner for the college and it’s in their interest tosell these courses.

Also, on a side note, does anyone know the latest on the18th? This would obviously change mywhole position if it’s close to publication – I don’t know what to believe!!

Thanks in advance!

yes definatly.
altho the 17th is easy open book exam. you will find alot of people that wont employ you if you dont have it.
-18th wont be out for afew years the 17th amendment is coming out in july i think

no
you have been working to the current edition. the niceic say that if you have 2330 after (2009 i think) then you dont need to do it

it aint easy to get a job in thease times without your 17th ed i worked on the 16th for years with no probs but just got my 17th three month back as its the only way to find work threw companys thease days

yes you will need the 17th you will only have to do the update course not the full course as like youy said youve been working to the current regs on the 2330 i did mine on a 2 day update course a few weeks after i finished my 2330 and nvq3 what you got remember is that the course doesnt teach you anything about the electrics its there simply to teach you on how to find the relevent information in a book

Reply to Any point in 17th if i have 2330? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net