Discuss Anybody bought one of those cable tongues? if so thoughts... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
I havent purchased one myself yet but has anybody bought one of those cable pulling tongues yet..
A couple of the premium tool brands have them out such as super rod, ck etc... some glow in the dark.
What were your thoughts? I am unsure how useful it really is? how flexible is it?
I use the gecko magnet pulling tool with good results.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/super-rod-cable-tongue-draw-tape-3-6m/175hj

For £10 you could always give them a try. Or if you wanted to save the tenner then just use some PVC trunking lid.

Haven’t used the super rods version , but I had a blue one very similar and it was ok And Did the job..
I bit of trunk lid or pvc capping stuck together with electrical tape equally similar job

Very useful bit of kit. It comes a bit too tightly coiled when you buy it, so coil it back the other way in a fairly large loop, tape it and leave overnight. It'll be much looser the next day.

I have the cable tongue pro, great piece of kit, better than a fish rod for pushing up the back of tight kitchen units that the screw ends don't go but a strip light flex will.

Reply to Anybody bought one of those cable tongues? if so thoughts... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Article
Electrical2Go - Save Time Installing Cables with Super Rod At Electrical2Go, we're constantly striving to bring you the latest and most...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a quick question if I may? I'm thinking of adding a second PV system to my existing rooftop PV & battery setup. As the...
Replies
Views
Last year before I went to my local ELEX at Exeter I was questioning whether to buy a super rods deluxe set. I bought one not at the show but...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock