Discuss Anybody have their 302/303 this week? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

singlerider

And if you did, how did you find them?

Personally, one of the biggest problems I have with the exams is the way the sodding Guilds word their questions - some of them are so woolly and ambiguous you have more difficulty figuring out what they're asking you than you do answering the bl**dy question.

It's infuriating!

There was one question I got about materials needed for remedial works I ended up answering twice - one answer to say making good, eg plaster, fire retardant foam, etc. but then I realised they might mean what materials might an electrician be using to carry out the work so put cables, backboxes and faceplates.

Anybody else find this?

Anyhoo, I'm feeling fairly confident of a pass, and (hopefully) not to sound too bigheaded, I think on the 302 a distinction may be in the bag. The 303 on the other hand I felt I struggled with quite a few questions - I'd get 3 or 4 which were bang-bang-bang, and then one which would stump me for about 20 minutes.

I think the worst had to be "A circuit wired in pvc singles using steel conduit as the cpc has a Zs reading exceeding the maximum allowed. State 3 causes for this."

First one easy, highly resistive joint. Second one, pretty simple as well, length of conduit too long. Third one . . . third one?!!? Bu**er me, I've run out. It took me well over half an hour of scratching my head before I plumped for ambient temperature not being taken into account affecting the value of k, and I still don't know whether or not it was right.

How did y'all get on? Best of luck to everybody!

:)

Yup, sat my 303 2 weeks ago and get results next Tues. Just got my 301 left now on 19th June followed by my 17th edition. Have found all the exams ok so far but am dreading 301 as I have heard it is very heavy on Motor theory and that is my weak point as I missed most of this being taught as had other commitments which meant I missed a few weeks of college. Still, better put the work in I guess:rolleyes:

Yeah, I have to admit, I'm pretty weak on Motors and all - although this may also be due to missing a few crucial weeks. Just the other day I found a whole load of notes that I must have been given on a hand-out, but have never even looked at - and strangely enough they filled in most of the gaps that I had, lots of comparisons of motors, starting methods, speed control, start up torque etc.

I'm in the process of writing them up now, I'll pm them to you when I'm done - never know, might come in handy?

As for the exam - anything multiple guess I never feel overly worried about - at least the answer is somewhere there in front of you! You've got 1 in 4, although usually 2 answers are so ridiculous, it's more like 50-50. Even last year, when we literally just brushed over AC Theory, with the tutors telling us "We'll just give you a quick intro, but it's okay, you won't need to know this, it's next year stuff" - and then got an exam that was 80% AC Theory with star delta questions we'd never even heard of - still managed to blag my way through.

Remember - DON'T PANIC!!!

;)

ive just sat the 17th update exam and this business about "woolly" questions goes on ; i sat my 236 years ago and there was the woolly questions and multiple guess then.
good luck ,endeavour and endure ,qualifications count , so does experience.

Yeah, I have to admit, I'm pretty weak on Motors and all - although this may also be due to missing a few crucial weeks. Just the other day I found a whole load of notes that I must have been given on a hand-out, but have never even looked at - and strangely enough they filled in most of the gaps that I had, lots of comparisons of motors, starting methods, speed control, start up torque etc.

I'm in the process of writing them up now, I'll pm them to you when I'm done - never know, might come in handy?

As for the exam - anything multiple guess I never feel overly worried about - at least the answer is somewhere there in front of you! You've got 1 in 4, although usually 2 answers are so ridiculous, it's more like 50-50. Even last year, when we literally just brushed over AC Theory, with the tutors telling us "We'll just give you a quick intro, but it's okay, you won't need to know this, it's next year stuff" - and then got an exam that was 80% AC Theory with star delta questions we'd never even heard of - still managed to blag my way through.

Remember - DON'T PANIC!!!

;)

Thanks Singlerider - would be very handy indeed. Will pm you my email addy;)

Are these the fault diagnosis and inspection/testing written tests for the 2330 level 3 ?

Not sure of the codes for the units in particular but have mine coming up.

Anyone remember any questions that were there? What version did you sit?

Single rider I too would be glad of that motor comparison info youve got.

Can I PM you my email?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Anybody have their 302/303 this week? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock