Discuss Anyone any good with a camera? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Practical, but easy to carry around

there's a brilliant camera shop in Chester. does 2nd hand stuff as well as new. might be worth having a look in there, ask advice whatever. it's Camera Solutions. google them. I swear by my Canon 40D. bit it's a fair lump to carry, what with the battery pack extension and additional lenses . I have a prime lens 400mm, and that's a handful on it's own.

there's a brilliant camera shop in Chester. does 2nd hand stuff as well as new. might be worth having a look in there, ask advice whatever. it's Camera Solutions. google them. I swear by my Canon 40D. bit it's a fair lump to carry, what with the battery pack extension and additional lenses . I have a prime lens 400mm, and that's a handful on it's own.
What's the max aperture on your prim 400 Tel? Whatever it is I'm guessing it's a beast of a lens. Are you sure you should be lifting that at your age? :):):)

it's only a modest 5.6. i'd like a 2.8 but £3000 is out of my budget.

Yeah I recently got back into photography but I'm a Canon man myself. My main lens at the moment is a 600mm which I try and keep on the tripod and then have either my 55-250mm or 18-135mm on my other body.

Here are a couple I took recently, don't laugh too hard ya buggers.

Attachments

• 20200815_141427.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200719_183414.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200712_191116.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 15
Yeah I recently got back into photography but I'm a Canon man myself. My main lens at the moment is a 600mm which I try and keep on the tripod and then have either my 55-250mm or 18-135mm on my other body.
which model Canon? i still have 3 x EOS film bodies , unused for over 20 years, but still working order.

It is surprising what you can take with a phone. The market leader is Sony, most the others buy the sensors from sony so no real way anyone else can be better, but the price does reflect this, the whole thing today is moving away from the DSLR the whole idea of a mirror flicking up before you take a photo is old hat and not required, remove the mirror and the lens can be closer to the sensor so vastly reducing lens physical size and weight, the option is a balance between light gathering and number of pixels, the more pixels you have the more light is required to take the photo.

In the main we select the make of camera so we can continue to use old equipment, I still use old Pentax lenses, the old 400 mm is a 600 mm with the cut down sensor, so still use Pentax although also have more modern Nikon.

The faster speeds do mean you can get away with smaller aperture, however the lens is the expensive bit, my Nikon has a 18 - 270 mm, my daughter got a 90 - 280 I think, same make and not much in the price, but what a difference, my Tamron is so slow to focus compared to hers, if I go to the Mac loop it would need to be on manuals focus.

which model Canon? i still have 3 x EOS film bodies , unused for over 20 years, but still working order.
Morning Tel, I've got the 70D and the new 90D,

Me to canon man trying to get best shot yet
Boy it's hard to get that big round shot in it,. Lol still have the 1000 noise less and others. Film body and lens, just recantly sent off of the grandsons uv lems and try to help him on photo taking plus he went and bought a Canon 40d and lenses , I will hope to get back to it my self one day.

As I said previously I am a Canon fan, and my 350D is still going fine, but I carry an Ixus which is the size of a smoke packet in my pocket/car all the time. It takes great pics given its size and spec, and is yet another wee gem of the old Canon range. However, during lockdown i dug out my old SLR film cameras, a Canon AE1 and a Canon A1, and they are just beautiful to handle. I've shot a few rolls just to keep them in fettle...but the cost of film and developing is horrendous compared with the "free" digital alternative.
I guess it's just progress, but it's sad to think that i paid about £300 for the A1 body, about 30 years ago, and they now sell on eBay for about £50...

Reply to Anyone any good with a camera? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net