Discuss Anyone come across this before? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think it's a deposit from the 'smoke' rising from the burning / decomposing plastic of the breakers. Because of the electrostatic attraction, airborne particles sometimes deposit preferentially on cables and live parts. It's most noticeable on HV DC: the EHT lead to the tube in a TV would get covered in fluff over time.

I think it's cockroach powder...or some kinda insecitcide that the Rentakill idiots insist on spraying all over DB's and control panels. Bend one of the wires over and see if it's on the back as well, if it's only on the front then I'll bet you it's the roachman.

I think it's a deposit from the 'smoke' rising from the burning / decomposing plastic of the breakers. Because of the electrostatic attraction, airborne particles sometimes deposit preferentially on cables and live parts. It's most noticeable on HV DC: the EHT lead to the tube in a TV would get covered in fluff over time.

Fluffy EHT leads/caps - great times!

That residue is most likely connected to whatever production process is carried on in the location they are in.

Looks like either the pump trips and is regularly reset or the Motor overload is used to switch the pump off.

Reply to Anyone come across this before? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi does anyone know where I can source any larger round grommets ? I will be drilling a hole in 100 × 100 trunking so guess around 75mm hole. I've...
Replies
Views
I went to look at mess this morning. S plan heating system, google nest heat link in airing cupboard. Downstairs in utility room the kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got to look at a job where the builder has cut through the underfloor heating mat and it’s gone right through the heated cable. Not...
Replies
Views
I've just been to a job to replace a burned out switch where the customer supplied his own Arlec dimmer switch. During a dull moment, I read the...
Replies
Views
I was working with some odd singles today from Batt Cables, they seemed to have a plastic like braid between the insulation and the copper, almost...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock