Discuss Anyone come across this light fitting? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Grayza

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

Been to look at these light fittings which all seem to be failing.
They have 2 lamps, one centre spot and a circular tube around the outside, both switched independently.
Does anyone know of a suitable replacement or where I can find the same fittings?

Thanks

20181023_081406.jpg20181023_080112.jpg 20181023_080124.jpg

which all seem to be failing.

or where I can find the same fittings?

Maybe replacing them like for like isn't a good plan, they don't look that old.

As it's Commercial maybe LED would be the way to go.

Alt, Ballasts are available for existing;

EHXC35.309 - Touchstone Lighting - http://www.touchstonelighting.co.uk/browse-products/vossloh-schwabe/150-discharge-control-gear/ehxc35.309

ELXS124.902 - Touchstone Lighting - http://www.touchstonelighting.co.uk/browse-products/vossloh-schwabe/144-electronic-h.f.-ballasts/elxs124.902

Last edited:
I like that light, looks good except for the dead fly in the diffuser!
As Snow mentioned, it does look quite modern so worth sourcing the driver/ballast to get back to working.
Can you check with manufacturer?

They are about 8/9 years old. Would anyone know of a LED replacement?
I'll also contact the manufacturer, will need to go back a see if I can find a name on the fitting

What is the diameter of the fitting it looks a bit like a fitting that was speced on a job we did a few years back from Sylvania lighting but looks smaller?

Lamps fitted are CDM-T 35W/830 and a TL5C.
Been in touch with the manufacturer, they have said may struggle to find LED replacements, but they do have an alternative LED fitting, bit pricey though.
Does anyone know of suitable replacement LED lamp for the CDM-T 35W/830?

What's actually failing on these lamps?

If it's just the electronics, then you may well find it is more cost effective to replace the modules than it is to replace the whole light.

Personally, unless the existing lights are chewing their way through a lot of bulbs, I'd have a hard time justifying replacing the fittings at £275 a pop plus labour compared to replacement parts at £134 a pop plus labour.

Even if repairing each light took an hour (which looking at, they shouldn't), it's still nearly £100 per light cheaper to repair.

Guess it depends how deep the clients pockets are.

Re the failures,
How are these lights switched, just plain switch or contactor/relay and or last man or timeswitch or BMS?
Is the site supply 3 phase or single?

Reply to Anyone come across this light fitting? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net