Discuss Anyone else having problems with the forum recently? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DNS1

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Every few pages I'll lose connection and the browser will throw up a page not found error...

After a few seconds I can refresh the page and continue as normal.

Anyone else having this trouble?

In an earlier post by me, I asked if any one was having a problem when typing replies in that the enter key does not work. have to click on the first symbol on the toolbar to change to source mode for that and other things to work.

Every few pages I'll lose connection and the browser will throw up a page not found error...

It's pretty much always been like that for me.

I have reported this several times before, but got told it must be my computer as it shouldn't happen. Even though I browse the rest of the web perfectly fine.

Still I suppose I should of expected that answer from someone who backs a 5 week wonder course.

In a word .................... YES!!

- - - Updated - - -

I have reported this several times before, but got told it must be my computer as it shouldn't happen. Even though I browse the rest of the web perfectly fine.

Still I suppose I should of expected that answer from someone who backs a 5 week wonder course.

My experience and sentiments exactly!

The carriage return thing appears to be peculiar to Internet Explorer, since switching to Google Chrome I'm not getting that. If you want to stick with IE then before you post anything click on the icon in the top left of the reply box which looks like A/A
Since I switched I am getting the page not found thing. It only happens on this site and since the refresh button always works it's a minor irritation.

Okay, there's three separate issues commented on in the thread so far;

The page timing out is a problem I'm also having, I'll make an Admin report to see if it can be fixed.

In an earlier post by me, I asked if any one was having a problem when typing replies in that the enter key does not work. have to click on the first symbol on the toolbar to change to source mode for that and other things to work.
As Trev stated above, the 'enter' key not working in the new reply text box is almost certainly an Internet Explorer update bug. I know Tel and Trev both had the problem and it was gone when they tried another browser. It doesn't happen in Opera and it doesn't seem to happen in Chrome.

What about pictures? I can very rarely see them on my phone, which is my only way of using this forum.
I'm clueless about mobile devices, I don't own one so I can't offer advice. The more info you can give the more chance Admin can replicate the problem and hopefully fix it. Can you state what device, what browser or app or forum skin you are using?.

I'm going to try book myself on the shortest course possible next time I'm in the UK. I should have 3 or 4 days spare an I reckon I can easily become fully qualified in that time.

i was having this problem with internet explorer; unresponsive enter-key and space-bar. also, i couldn't use the colour, font and size features either. i reported it and it was recommended that i try opera, which i did.

this resolved all the problems that i was having, but now i'm constantly getting 'server error - electriciansforums took too long to respond' messages and 'cache lost' messages. this means i have to skip back a page or two and try to reload the page i was trying to access.

just putting up with it, for now.

EDIT: posted before i saw marvo's reply!!

I tend to open multiple pages and a block of six or seven pages will not load but the earlier and later ones will, I then go back and reload the page(s) and so long as it is not too quickly it will then load. It looks like the server is failing to respond for about 20-30 seconds.
I am using Chrome.

Bit of a nuisance.

Thanks Marvo, for the admin push.

Reply to Anyone else having problems with the forum recently? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net