Discuss Anyone fitted these? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

have seen the maintenance manager at one of the theatres I work for loosing his rag with them when the doors keep closing when they shouldn't
Is that around the time when regular power outages happen in town due to -- Changes in street lightning affecting power reliability ? ( or other factors)
- Took me back to rolling power cuts of 1972 -or-74 ?
..anyone who does house alarms will know the dates !.. Power disruption by area..
popular in towns / cities

Last edited:
Is that around the time when regular power outages happen in town due to -- Changes in street lightning affecting power reliability ? ( or other factors)
- Took me back to rolling power cuts of 1972 -or-74 ?
..anyone who does house alarms will know the dates !.. Power disruption by area..
popular in towns / cities

No, they're battery powered, they just react to random sounds that might sound a bit like a fire alarm.

Not fitted them but seen plenty or similar. Some can react to the clap of the hands and people often end up wedging them open as they randomly close to various sounds.

This unit claims to learn the sound of the alarm?

Yes, it claims to, and sometimes they do.
These are the exact units that one of our customers has, some of them learned the sound of the alarm properly, and some of them must have picked up some background noise as they just react randomly.

Reply to Anyone fitted these? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, does anyone know of a way to fix a magnetic alarm contact to a plastic door which has a curved beading shape where the magnetic contact would...
Replies
Views
Hi. Has anyone ever taking a feed from an outside light to use as a spur to fit an outside plug to plug in a plug in ring camera. The only feed...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am looking at specifying a Triac dimmer switch after a PIR and manual override to control several lights, i dont see an issue why...
Replies
Views
I'm installing mag-locks and fire door hold-open magnets at the moment and I'm wondering if any of the cable should be fire performance cable...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for some help on magnet door holder Have a door in a hotel that requires to be held back on wall with magnet and released on fire...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock