Discuss Anyone forked out for Digital Wiring Regs? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Snapester

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi guys, just wondered if any of you guys have forked out for the IET wiring regs package in digital?
Currently sick of lugging a couple of trees around in my van would love to compress all that onto an iPad or something, have any of you done this yet?

Cheers
Ian

G

Guest123

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeas, I have.

Have them on lappy.

S

Snapester

Did you fork out the £420 for the industrial or just the domestic? Also do you just get the updates automatically?

D

DurhamSparky

ohhhh might buy them ... then it gives me an excuse to buy a ipad!!! :) needed an excuse for a while now!!

S

Snapester

Dont you think the price is abit steep?

G

Guest55

Dont you think the price is abit steep?
Yes i do lol.
At least with a book you dont lose it with any "hardware failures"
plus you can sell them on at a later date if the need arises.

S

Snapester

Yeah but it would save me alot of room in the van, i think i could get another box of gear in there without those books!!

G

Guest55

Yeah but it would save me alot of room in the van, i think i could get another box of gear in there without those books!!
How many bloody boks to you carry ?
Surely onsite guide is all you need to carry with you , anything more complicated i wait till im at home to check up.

S

Snapester

Well i carry a few more GN's and that and design books. Its good to have them close by when needed.

R

R4BOE

I bought the industrial package when it was on offer , it's worth it , with the licence yo can install it on two mobile devices I.e I pad and two laptops or desk tops, I would say that it is easier to read them on a iPad than it is on a laptop though but you can copy and past parts etc

Speak to Liz Liz Wooderson at the IET she is very helpful she will give you a free trial fully opertaive trial for I think it was 30 days

S

Spark1979

They did have an offer on in march not sure if it still going but I got domestic books for £97 incl VAT including updates

S

Spazz

Call the IET up and they will send you a 30 day trial - I had it - really helpful.

With these books they are stored on the server and downloaded to your computer so even if you get a hardware failure you wont lose them.

Also try emailing Wooderson,Elizabeth [email protected]

She is the one that hands out the licences and activates everything - she also gave me a 40 day trial - very helpful

M

Mark_Burgess

ohhhh might buy them ... then it gives me an excuse to buy a ipad!!! :) needed an excuse for a while now!!
The excuse I used on myself was, I need to order some products of the web whilst on a job, if I were to order in the evening I will miss out on next day delivery!

Reply to Anyone forked out for Digital Wiring Regs? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Select the ways in which you gain online business

• MyBuilder.com

• Federation of Master Builders

• CheckaTrade.com

• RatedPeople.com

• TrustaTrader.com

• Which? (TrustedTraders.Which.co.uk)

• MyJobQuote.co.uk

• Yell.com

• Google Paid Advertising

• Own Website with Natural Ranking (SEO'd website)

• Social Media (Facebook Twitter Instagram etc)

• Word of Mouth Only for me

Results are only viewable after voting.
Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom