Discuss Anyone forked out for Digital Wiring Regs? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Snapester

Hi guys, just wondered if any of you guys have forked out for the IET wiring regs package in digital?
Currently sick of lugging a couple of trees around in my van would love to compress all that onto an iPad or something, have any of you done this yet?

Cheers
Ian

I assume that its Wiring Regulations Digital - IET Electrical this one you're after?

You might like to try here

IET Forums - VitalSource ebooks

before you buy, since there still appears to be a few restrictions and teething problems.

But I suspect this is the way to go for the future.

ohhhh might buy them ... then it gives me an excuse to buy a ipad!!! :) needed an excuse for a while now!!

Yeah but it would save me alot of room in the van, i think i could get another box of gear in there without those books!!

How many bloody boks to you carry ?
Surely onsite guide is all you need to carry with you , anything more complicated i wait till im at home to check up.

Well i carry a few more GN's and that and design books. Its good to have them close by when needed.

I bought the industrial package when it was on offer , it's worth it , with the licence yo can install it on two mobile devices I.e I pad and two laptops or desk tops, I would say that it is easier to read them on a iPad than it is on a laptop though but you can copy and past parts etc

Speak to Liz Liz Wooderson at the IET she is very helpful she will give you a free trial fully opertaive trial for I think it was 30 days

Call the IET up and they will send you a 30 day trial - I had it - really helpful.

With these books they are stored on the server and downloaded to your computer so even if you get a hardware failure you wont lose them.

Also try emailing Wooderson,Elizabeth [email protected]

She is the one that hands out the licences and activates everything - she also gave me a 40 day trial - very helpful

ohhhh might buy them ... then it gives me an excuse to buy a ipad!!! :) needed an excuse for a while now!!

The excuse I used on myself was, I need to order some products of the web whilst on a job, if I were to order in the evening I will miss out on next day delivery!

Reply to Anyone forked out for Digital Wiring Regs? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock