Discuss Anyone got a Chilton Dual Voltage Shaver Socket in good cosmetic condition and workin in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

patandmary

Hello all,

First post. I know this isn't eBay but am trying to find a Chilton Dual Voltage Shaver socket in good cosmetic condition and working to replace one that doesn't work in my bathroom. The hole in the wall is a different size from thatr used by sockets today so need a direct replacement.

Any ideas? Can pay up to ÂŁ20. Small photo of what one looks posted too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-02-24 at 22.31.27.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 51
Re: Anyone got a Chilton Dual Voltage Shaver Socket in good cosmetic condition and wo

Thanks for the speedy reply! One went on eBay for ÂŁ3.50, but just missed it by days!

Re: Anyone got a Chilton Dual Voltage Shaver Socket in good cosmetic condition and wo

have a nice stainless plate cut to cover the hole and accept a new sized one shouldn't cost that much!

That would work if the new ones are smaller than this one but I went up the shop and they said that I would have to cut a hole in the brick work to accommodate a new-style box behind it. (I'm not an electrician, by the way...)

MK do a single gang one which is smaller than that one!!

Not seen one of those for years- good look with your seach

Thanks everyone for the posts. especially the fact the MK make a smaller one. Will investigate...

I have a Chilton shaving light with dual voltage socket if you havnt got sorted yet

Hi,

No, haven't sourced one yet. Is the one you have the same as pictured in the thread? If so, would like to buy it from you.

Let me know how much you want.

I can't send you a private message as I don't have enough posts!

Best

Pat

Hi Pat,
Sorry, no, this one is a fluorescent light and dual power shaving socket combined.
Didn’t see your photo first time..

Reply to Anyone got a Chilton Dual Voltage Shaver Socket in good cosmetic condition and workin in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net