Discuss anyone got a copy of the Hungarian wiring regs? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

Octopus

Got "told" to run cables across a wall (about 1/2 way up) today by a Hungarian plumber (no accessories - so no safe zone)....... he seemed surprised when I declined to do it and obviously had no idea about UK cable safe zones ..........:)

European regs anyone ?

Why bother getting in to a stupid argument, you'll lose.

Eastern European countries allow sockets and washing machines in bathrooms, not enough have been electrocuted as they are all over here working so it must be safe.

If you want to wind him up ask him if he is a hungry Hungarian, or tell him that the good looking women in the world aren't Hungarian.......

Sorry had to, slow Northerner........ ;o))))))

Pardon me for asking, and I think I might live to regret it, what would be the description of your emoji - ;o)))))) (or whatever its called).

Is it just a really big smile, or something more sinister :D

Pardon me for asking, and I think I might live to regret it, what would be the description of your emoji - ;o)))))) (or whatever its called).

Is it just a really big smile, or something more sinister :D
It may be construed as a friendly smiley face but it Eastern Europe amongst the Mafia it really means * "I know where you live"

* I may be pulling your leg, or not ;o)))))))

Is there any significance in the last one you did having seven brackets @SWD instaed of the six brackets you did in the first one? I mean does it mean something even more sinister like - I also have your bank account details?

Why bother getting in to a stupid argument, you'll lose.

Eastern European countries allow sockets and washing machines in bathrooms, not enough have been electrocuted as they are all over here working so it must be safe.

If you want to wind him up ask him if he is a hungry Hungarian, or tell him that the good looking women in the world aren't Hungarian.......
In fairness what the rest of the world does would suggest that socket outlets in a bathroom are not inherently dangerous. There doesn't tend to be a pile of dead bodies around them.

Out of probably 2 or 3 dozen countries I've worked in it's only the UK that has hangups about appliances being installed in bathrooms.
A Polish woman thinks it stupid that a washing machine is in the kitchen as the kitchen is for cooking in and is horrified that in the bathroom there isn't a socket for the hair dryer.

Magyar Szabványügyi Testület - http://www.mszt.hu/web/guest/home

this is the hungarian standards body who issue the documents in hungary, they follow the IEC / cenelec standards and are near enough the same as the uk on a lot of things now, especially with ev vehicles.
use googel chrome and it will auto translate the page for a small fee they will let you get a copy of the wiring regs online if you really are that keen for a copy

Magyar Szabványügyi Testület - http://www.mszt.hu/web/guest/home

this is the hungarian standards body who issue the documents in hungary, they follow the IEC / cenelec standards and are near enough the same as the uk on a lot of things now, especially with ev vehicles.
use googel chrome and it will auto translate the page for a small fee they will let you get a copy of the wiring regs online if you really are that keen for a copy
Do you own an anorak and go train, plane spotting and indulge in miniature railways and Morris dancing by any chance? ;o))))

Do you own an anorak and go train, plane spotting and indulge in miniature railways and Morris dancing by any chance? ;o))))
Nope... but have had a gander around the cenelec site once when trying to look into something and recalled the list of eu electric bodies...
No anarok, no train spotting. Not a plane spotter but am partial to the odd jet. Comes from being exforces. No miniature railwayd but have dabbled in rocket building. Morris dancing NEVER!!

Nope... but have had a gander around the cenelec site once when trying to look into something and recalled the list of eu electric bodies...
No anarok, no train spotting. Not a plane spotter but am partial to the odd jet. Comes from being exforces. No miniature railwayd but have dabbled in rocket building. Morris dancing NEVER!!
Fibber....... o;)))))

Out of interest, which branch of the forces?

Reply to anyone got a copy of the Hungarian wiring regs? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock